Sponge used for weathering?

jhock

Hi,

I have just looked at a series of photo's on this website My link, in some of the pics he uses a sponge to remove and stipple the wash the has applied.

The sponge is very dense and very small 'pores', does any one know what kind of sponge it is and where I could get one?

Yep, definitely make-up sponges. Some are finer than others though, but you can get them from just about anywhere that sells make-up, and the pound shops as suggested above.

They're really versatile - I use them a lot in my weathering after being introduced to them by the guy who's hopper is in your link!

Thanks guys, I went to buy some from Wilkinson today and the woman asked if I wanted them for foundation or powder!! They only had the little ones that come as small circles, so bought some as they wher 89p, I will go on the hunt tomorrow in town.

• RMweb Gold

Thanks guys, I went to buy some from Wilkinson today and the woman asked if I wanted them for foundation or powder!! They only had the little ones that come as small circles, so bought some as they wher 89p, I will go on the hunt tomorrow in town.

Cut em to shape, they'll not be right for getting into the little nooks and crannies anyway.

Archived