Farish Class 24 with sound

HealeyMills

Hi jackrob

No sadly it isn't, its one that Mr Mercig has posted on U-Tube. But I was so impressed after watching it I decided to post here.... only to realise that (after a bit of searching) this has been done before with the Farish 24. See here: http://www.rmweb.co....rrish-class-24/

I was equally impressed with that too. Must need an awful lot of work to get the speakers etc, etc into such tiny spaces.

Cheers

Lee

• RMweb Gold

That link is mine and yes it took the guy who did it a long time to fit everything in.

Also cost alot of money, but like you have seen well worth it.

I had mine running at Trains4u yesterday for the open day.

He has made a cracking neat job when you look inside, amazing how good he's made it!

Ian at Mercig Studios is very impressed with it.

Traction - I can only imagine everyone at the Trains4U running day were suitably extremely impressed.

Also, there is a DCC sound fitted Farish Class 37 that Mercig has done:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgcTcQ7Z2mY

I wonder how long before these are produced RTR by Farish or Dapol? I appreciate it would mean re-doing the chasis etc, etc, but they have the means to do it I guess. I suppose it boils down to cost and demand.

"The Futures Bright - the Futures N Gauge!" :good_mini:

Cheers

Lee

• RMweb Premium

Well the farish 108 and 150 have space for DCC sounds. Would be nice to see all new diesels designed with DCC sounds capability. Indeed hope that manufactures might just design the control PCB to be DCC fitted (or incorporated), so can run out of the box on DCC or DC for that matter. Considering a Bachmann 6 pin decoder is around £15, imagine in volume it would add £10 a model.

They are pretty special models and many thanks for the great jobs that both Carl and Martin have done and the time and effort that it has taken. I hope they show just how far N Gauge has come on in the last few years, hopefully we are not too far away from factory fitted N Gauge sound in British models although it was interesting at Leamington to note how few people (and layouts on dipalay) were using DCC.

M

Archived