class 24 buffer clash

Chrisr40

Hi

I have one of the early Bachmann blue class 24's with sound - Im ashamed to say I bought it the warley 2008 show but until now havent really been able exercise it.

What I have found though is that the buffer clash appears to be missing and the sound functions on the inlay dont match up

1 is start up sound off / on, 2 and 3 are the single and dual horns, 4 is the fan , 5 is notch up and 6 notch down , 7 is inertia - but 8 which should be cab lights if there are any and 9 which should be buffer clash dont do anything.

10 controls the lights - there is a 0 funtion on the inlay but as there is no equivalent button on the ez command im lost there too.

Any thoughts folks ?

thanks

Chris

I have seen comments that on the EZ Fn 10 is used rather than 0 for lights. Just a thought do you know anyone with a different controller that you could perhaps test the functions just to see if it's a loco or controller problem.

Bachmann tend to use a "standard" list of functions in their paperwork; unfortunately, that doesn't always align with the actual functions on their sound decoder. I have found a few inaccuracies in the past but can't remember the class 24 specifically - I had mine reblown by Howes to get the sound to respond to the throttle properly.

morning chaps thanks for your replies -

unfortunately my friends locally are very much analogue and even my local shop seems to be a bit reluctant to entertain dcc -

Im beginning to wonder if it even has buffer clash on the standard Bachmann sound project - I tried my class 66 as well to make sure that it wasnt just the f9 button on the controller playing up - same thing no buffer clash even though the manual says it should be there on f9. Perhaps its just the button gone ?

Chris

Hello Nigelcliffe

Im not sure that I agree there - F10 does work as it operates the lights without any fuss whatsoever - also why have the buttons on it if they dont work ?

I havent got the manual so didnt have the luxury of consulting it - but other than it not being able to tweak cv's I have never had any problems with it.

Update - just downloaded the manual - see what you mean ref page 4 functions section - still think its odd that f10 works.

Chris

Archived