K's (original version)J72

hayfield

I brought this Keyser J27 off Ebay as a non runner, it came with a set of Romford wheels and is built quite well.

post-1131-036726600 1285402432_thumb.jpg

Its missing a few bits (buffer front steps) so I left it in the box. A couple of months ago I brought some 'finescale loco wheels' off ebay. They turned out to be the early K's wheels (Romfords now in my Romford wheel box destined either for a Wills P class or a Calley Coaches Pug kit) So I thought time is right to rebuild it.

I will show the rebuild on my Blog. Whilst the body has been built quite well, the chassis retaining screw has come loose (not accessable), coupled with some glue sleepage so a quick bath of Nitromores will take it back to parts.

I will start with the chassis first a rub down and re paint, then I need to find a set of gears which are compattable with the motor mount for meshing.

Thanks for showing me that, they are nice sturdy little models. With the absence of free plans in the Railway Modeller I may restrict the amount of extra detail I will add. I might even finish it as per instructions as I think I still have some split pins somewhere.

Thanks again

Archived