Hornby Class 60 replacement horns

I currently have a fleet of Hornby class 60's and I have noticed that 2 of them have missing or damaged horns. Hornby do not have this as a spare at the moment so does anyone know of anywhere I can get white metal replacements or any other alternative

Many thanks :)

Nik

I currently have a fleet of Hornby class 60's and I have noticed that 2 of them have missing or damaged horns. Hornby do not have this as a spare at the moment so does anyone know of anywhere I can get white metal replacements or any other alternative

Many thanks :)

Nik

did you try these?

http://www.hornbyspares.com/

• 10 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Further to my previous post I contacted WestHill wagon works regarding the fragility of the 3D print and they said they would look into it and offered a replacement.

The problem is with the horns which are in the rectangular frame - the stems are very thin and any kind of torsion (for example when removing from the spru) caused them to snap.

However as the interior of the frame is not directly visible - I was able to make a reapir using superglue and after painting and attachment - here are the results

20210410_055857.jpg.115f11d72b65b7bdee5248adb7edc89b.jpg20210410_055845.jpg.3d586b67437f5b42881c7b9fbaf25621.jpg

These are really good replacements and considering none are available elsewhere with equivalent quality - I would recommend them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1