Harrington.

Jez

I thought I would post a series of pictures dipicting different areas of the layout and the traffic these areas recieve.

I'll start off with the Team Track which recieves mainly box car traffic, including reefers of produce for local distibuters:

post-7044-004662400 1286131426_thumb.jpg

GP35 3848 shoves the reefer into position.

post-7044-022664000 1286131517_thumb.jpg

The loco is now ready to cut off.

post-7044-073842800 1286131588_thumb.jpg

Once the loco has moved off, the customers start to unload.

post-7044-026128700 1286131681_thumb.jpg

More to follow soon...........

The truck is a Boley - I believe they have stopped production so you may need ebay (Boley trucks HO scale in ebay.com brings up loads) an example http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item1c160550d6

The building (took a bit of brain-wracking!) is by Great West Models _ all their kits are in sections sp can be assembled in different ways, low relief of full model , an ecxample is here on offer http://www.hobbylinc.../gre/gre503.htm with more examples on that page

Thanks for the comments guys.

The white truck is from Herpa/Promotex - Ford L9000. I would have liked a second one, but they are as rare as hens teeth! Boley do/did produce a similar vehicle - available in various colours from Truck Stop Models, who ship Worldwide I believe.

The White Warehouse is indeed from Great Western Models - very versatile kits - great for kit bashing. More pictures to follow on this building. Kits are available from Model Junction or Walthers direct.

I have just ordered some Microscale Vehicle license plates and Preiser crates/packing boxes to add more detail to this scene.

I just received the latest book from Lance Mindheim - How to build a Switching Layout. Excellent read if anyone wants to build a layout similar to mine.

A couple more deliveries to the Team Track today - something a little unusual to show the versatility:

post-7044-027067400 1286196426_thumb.jpg

A shorty tank car - the contents will be directly transfered to a waiting road tanker.

post-7044-057381500 1286196559_thumb.jpg

post-7044-039337000 1286196601_thumb.jpg

post-7044-035666800 1286196642_thumb.jpg

And a standard 50' Pan Am liveried box car.

They'll never get that plug door open with the truck parked right up against it. 8-)

A lot of reefers carried frozen french fries for fast food resturants. So the truck could be from a cold storage warehouse of a food distributor. It could also be a truck with specific fast food chain markings on it (such as McDonalds). Normally only one chain's food is in one reefer. While you are at it you can throw in a boxcar of the cardboard serving containers for french fries about every 4th or 5th reefer. On one territory I worked we had to make a hot one car move up to a warehouse with a car of those containers for Burger King.

I just received the latest book from Lance Mindheim - How to build a Switching Layout. Excellent read if anyone wants to build a layout similar to mine.

Great minds, Jez, great minds... B) I have that book on order via Amazon right now, along with one of Lance's other books, the one on Track Plans for Shelf Layouts. Looking forward to getting them!!

Archived