OO Works

Brocp

G'day everyone

For the last little while i have been wondering about OO Works, especially since last year when they announced they were going to produce a Midland 2F. But since then atleast its like the slipped of the face of the Earth, ive seen nothing in magazines, or on the internet for a while now. So i ask the question, are they still in business? And if they are not, can you still get the previously released locos from anywhere (as im also after the L&Y class 23)

Thanks for any help

So far as I know, they are. You might like to try contacting them:

OO Works

(Roderick Bruce)

'Brendon'

Langham Road

Robertsbridge

East Sussex

TN32 5DT

tel: 01580 882 185

e-mail: ooworks@uku.co.uk

HTH

Adam

Yes, they're still around! I got my Class H tank just a couple of months ago (may be a little earlier than that - time flies by so!), but somewhat later than first mentioned. They still advertise regularly in 'RM' at least.

However, they do not have any web presence and batch build to order. So it is best to phone up and talk to them (two lovely people!), place your firm order and start saving up. When your loco has been built and is ready for despatch, you'll get a nice letter with the invoice. Then, quite soon after your cheque has been cleared, a lovely neat parcel will arrive, with your new pride and joy in a very substantial box.

You need to be patient - it can be about two YEARS between announcement of their 'next' model and your receiving it, BUT if you don't order it when it is first announced, you may miss it completely. I now have two of their ex-SR locos, and only regret that I didn't go for the ex-SECR 'C' Class a few years ago, because you only get one chance to buy from 00 Works - as far as I know, they have never re-run a batch.

As usual, I must state that my only connection is as a very satisfied 'return customer'!

Richard

A great wee firm. I bought two observation cars from Roderick; one depicting No 14 in Devon Belle livery. He created No 13 to my description as SC280M. Interestingly, on the website it states that the seat clours were blue in one and red in the other, the identity of each being unknown. I can verify: 13 had blue, 14 had red seats.

My father has one of the l+y tanks. Lots of mass for pulling power, nice body but basic underframe detail. The funny thing is that it was wired the opposit way to every other model from bacy, limby etc. You can have a good game of tug of war with your shunters, although it will pull a baccy 08 backwards.

Cheesysmith

Archived