WSR Autumn Steam Gala

PenrithBeacon

I have uploaded a film of the West Somerset Railway’s Autumn Steam Gala for 2010 to YouTube. The film lasts for 15 minutes and can be viewed in HD.

Locations are Friday at Minehead with large Prairie 4160 being watered and Castle 5029 ‘Nunney Castle being turned. Later 6024 ‘King Edward I’ is filmed at the head of the 17.00 departure from Minehead. The WSR’s Mogul 9351 was raising steam and small Prairie 5553 in the yard after disposal.

On Saturday Prairie tanks 4160 and 5542 were seen at ‘Teddy Bear Crossing’ with 4953 ‘Pitchford Hall’ and 44767 ‘George Stephenson’ on Washford Bank at Watchet. A while later and the King is again filmed climbing the bank at Old Cleeve/Bilbrook. I changed location to Ker Moor after this and put the large Prairie and the Castle in the can. Later 5542 was captured at Blue Anchor, a sequence which includes the closing of the crossing gates. Crowcombe Heathfield is the next location with 4160 again. This same train is again seen at the recreation ground at Washford on the last few yards of the bank. Sunday morning was again very wet and 5542 was shot climbing the bank at Watchet in heavy rain but by the time 4160 came past the weather was brightening a little. The last sequence at this location features 9351, standing in for 5553, making a rousing climb towards Washford. The SDRT site at Washford is the next location with Fowler 7F 88 and Peckett ‘Kilmersdon’ shunting and 5542 on the branch. Back to Blue Anchor for the last sequences as 44767 arrives and departs. Filming was stopped at this point as it started to rain again!

The film can be found at

and I hope everyone enjoys it.

Regards

Archived