RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

I'm a bit like DD and haven't ventured far from home yet into the Brave New World that is the new RMWeb, but in a moment of idle curiosity I've just wandered my cursor over the digit in the bottom right hand corner of each post, just above the green button. The little help box popped up and said that it was 'reputation'. I roamed through ER's then to see who had the best (or worst) reputation, and was a bit disheartened to see that most have a zero reputation. Looking at some other threads I managed to find one member with a reputation of 3. Where has it all gone wrong? Doesn't this high quality chaff and punning count for anything? Should representations be made? ;)

Geoff

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, Aha the reputation system. Probably the most discussed aspect of these new forums other than the use of Blogs for layout and workbench threads!

Don't worry Phil, having been born and lived 28 years not far from High Wycombe (explains the amount of bodging on my layout) I should be able to translate the local speak. As far as I am aware they are also still part of the EU so you won't need your passport.

Cheers

Dave

In a Berty Worcester type character. "How on earth do you come to be acquainted with a Bishop. It's not on old chap, just not the thing."

I do agree with the similarity of appearance.

Don't take it to heart Mick. We don't hold it against you at all.

Good Afternoon All,

Humble apologies for the leave of Absence from ER's - What with Weymouth last weekend, and Friday & Monday off work I wasn't doing too much ER'ing... unsure.gif Then when the office beckoned again yesterday it's been a manic couple of days! angry.gif

The weather hear is moderately warm, and dry, 7 Oktas and a good outlook all week (I bet that doesn't include Saturday though!!) I admit to not reading the catch-up pages, but is Jam enjoying the north, and did JohnDMJ enjoy Eurospoor??

Best Wishes to everyone!

Graham

Good Afternoon All,

Humble apologies for the leave of Absence from ER's - What with Weymouth last weekend, and Friday & Monday off work I wasn't doing too much ER'ing... unsure.gif Then when the office beckoned again yesterday it's been a manic couple of days! angry.gif

Hey ho, you will take time off!

I admit to not reading the catch-up pages, but is Jam enjoying the north,

we all thought he was going to the North but he seems to be in communicado instead! (Last post Oct 23)
and did JohnDMJ enjoy Eurospoor??
post #553 on page 23 might help you here! (Saves me re-typing!)

need we form and dispatch a search party for Jam?? unsure.gif

Don't think so! Last we heard, he was not having to cycle there behind his parent's car so the chances are that he's in safe hands!:icon_winker:

• RMweb Gold

Hello again.

I'm just having a quiet sit down after more midday exercise than I would like. Earlier today a neighbour asked if we were having any drain problems. As it turned out we were just about to. It would seem that the drains are shared between 3 houses and mine is the one where these drains join and go to the bigger drain. It was the middle house that had the big blockage (and they are on holiday) causing a spectacular overflow in the third house, but thanks to a loan of drain rodding we have cleared them now. It is a good job we all speak to each other down this road.

Tony

• RMweb Gold

...and I bet at least one wise guy said " You won't catch anything down there" or "What bait are you using?"

If it had been a weekend I'm certain someone would have! Perhaps I should have sent a "wish you were here" postcard to the neighbours on holiday. Actually they would have probably dealt with it if they were home and would have immediately offered help if it had been our drains so I'm glad I was able to do something!

Tony