Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, Serious leaking oktas in these parts. Still we haven't had proper rain for a long time. Gardening is off so looks like I'll have to head for the workshop, shame.

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Premium

Good evening, guys :) ...

Been a nice and mostly sunny day, but now it's pouring down outside :huh: . We did another rail-related trip today - this time to the Kranichstein Railway Museum. Pictures are here.

Tomorrow it'll be back onto the books again...exams will be on the 24th and 27th :unsure: .

• RMweb Gold

Interesting photos Domink. I've posted a question about the strangish loooking green loco next to K?¶f 4290.

Glad to see you seem to have a sensible balance between study and other relaxing activities. It's important to get that balance right, although I'm sure that as the exams grow closer the balance will change. Never mind, they will soon be over.

• RMweb Gold

Hello, I'm back from the exhibition at Colchester. I'd never realised just how back-achy operating trains at an exhibition could be. Tomorrow should be a relaxing day though as I'm waiting in for a bookshelf to be delivered.

Tony

• RMweb Gold

Be careful how you lift it.

Just for once I'm not going to have to. I couldn't collect the bookcase as it is just to big for the Scenic and so I paid for delivery but that does include carrying it upstairs and unwrapping it. I'll have fun putting my books on it, as it is going next to my desk on the landing.

Actually I don't mind having been evicted from the "study" when my wife started studying again. The landing area is rather warmer and more spacious, though I hope my draught-proofing of the garage has helped the study to be less draughty. I think this must be one of the design faults of rooms over integral garages. I've wondered about why do building regs insist on fire resistant doors from the house to garage but not fire resistant garage ceilings. Perhaps they do now!

Tony

• RMweb Premium

When we converted the garage eldest daughters bedroom became much warmer,our house was built in 1992 and the garage did have a plastered roof and insulation. The other downside of the garage was that mice would come in from the field at the end of the road.

Good morning all.

Christmas will NOT be on the farm!

The farm could accommodate me but the trains could not.

There is only one train a week that arrives at a possible time and it was fully booked.

Could also not get a booking on the train at the end of proposed stay, so will postpone to Easter.

We had a clear/warm weekend though Sunday was very windy.

Did Thomas enjoy his train trip Robert?

How were the various exhibitions attended by you guys. Will there be any pictures in the Exhibitions forum?

Welcome back Jam. I'm glad it was a successful holiday.

Happy Monday all.

• RMweb Premium

Morning :icon_yawn: ...

Seriously pouring down again - so much the better that I am warm and dry. Day has only just begun, so nothing to report as of yet. However, this week may see the shipment of all of three packages with model railway items :D .

Later :) .

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

Back to work today. I must admit, it took an awful lot of willpower to get up and ready this morning.

The M1 is 50 today. Should we get together and buy it a present.

Morning All,

As Dominik already mentioned, we had a night of very leaky oktas. Still, it has stopped now - and although the weather looks a bit grey there might be an improvement later.

Did Thomas enjoy his train trip Robert?

We didn't take the train yesterday after all. He had a trip on Saturday which he enjoyed - but when it came to yesterday morning he decided that he didn't want to rush for the train and so we took the car!

Have a good day everyone :icon_wave:

• RMweb Gold

Good morning everyone!

Thanks Don, down to earth with a bump today - back to college!

Took 40mins to want to get out of bed today :lol:

And in 5 mins i'll be cycling in to college - just had a look out the window and it looks very nice for a change - it's blue sky!

Hope everyone has a great day,

See ya later :)

Morning all,

oktas have gone on holiday here so clear blue sky, but only 6C temperature!

The M1 is 50 today. Should we get together and buy it a present.

How's about a new lane?

• RMweb Premium

Good thing that I have something new to read as well for those grey autumn days and to take my mind off my upcoming exams - namely the new Eisenbahn-Kurier book about the Austrian class 1044 (and 1144) engines. These books are usually very good and well detailed, so if you fancy Continental railways and are fluent in German I can fully recommend them to you. I actually learned quite a bit about locomotive development and design from them.

Link to the publisher's web shop: Click.

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, Bright one for a change. Can't find a good excuse so it'll have to be a work day. Meeting with my manager this morning so that'll be fun NOT! Have a good one all.

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Gold

Hello all.

It is very sunny here and the forecast predicts it will remain so. No back ache (less thanusual in fact this morning) after playing trains yesterday. Perhaps playing trains is the new Pilates.

Wife and child are back to college; dog and I are not.

Tony

I think Andy might object if we experiment too much with the thanks box.

I remember very well when I experimented ticking two fingers onto exposed brass terminals of a 250 V outlet.

(Health and Safety where were you when I did that in 1947 in a hospital!)