The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Thank you all for your messages of support - it really has helped us get through this.

Vet has just phoned and there's a 50-50 chance she'll live. There are quite a few things wrong with her as well as those listed yesterday - fly strike included.

The vet wants to know whether he wants us to keep trying or, dare I say it, put her down.

My instinct tells me to put her down and save her misery. I'm just not sure. A horrible question but what would you do?

You have described conditions under which the animal may well be in extreme suffering, Jam.

Of course, it is a matter for your family but it may be a case of doing your friend one last service.

It's dreadful because our grief is our selfishness concerning our own pain at a loss.

I know that you all will make the right decision for your pet.

The Vet has tried to help with that decision by showing you the path to be considered.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I'm so sorry to hear this, Jam :( .

If I were in your situation I probably could not bear watching my pet suffer either - this can be just as bad as watching a human suffer for any prolonged period of time. For this reason and under the circumstances you described, I fully agree with what DD said, painful as this decision undoubtedly is. And I hope Maisey'll soon be free of any suffering forever.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning all on this rather gloomy ER session.

I've PM'd Jam about Maisie.

Mick - MOT time again :angry:

Seems a bit quiet this morning with a lot of the regulars not turning up this morning - no Don, no BoD, Don is also absent on 3 word game.

Early start today, as Mrs 45156 away to work, and her neice also got up early to get back home on the early train. Must have been a bit of an odd holiday for her with one of her hosts being crocked! I'm home alone again, but not to worry.

Had a bit of quite amazing service from that well known Internet bookseller - ordered an audio book on Friday evening, and chose the free delivery option (4 working day estimate), got a delivery estimate of Thursday, and the parcel arrived today.

Happy hols to those who are away, get well soon to the crocks.

Regards to all

Stewart

• RMweb Gold

I certainly couldn't wish for a better set of people - thank you all.

I don't want this topic to become too bogged down in grief and sadness so I suppose the best way, if you want to comment, is to click the 'thank you' button on my above post if you so wish.

The weather seems to have brightened up and I hope you all have a great day. I expect I'll be working on the layout again today now that I've only got 25 days left to complete the layout. smile.gif

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about Maisey, Jam. Been through that with two of our dogs and it's always hard.

Don's got a bank holiday today so isn't here.

I'm up in Wharfedale, taking a day off the Dales Way today to hopefully visit Malham Cove but the weather has turned. On a bus to Skipton at the moment and passed a quarry with what looked like a Clayton working there. Swinden Quarry, I think. Looked like a Class 17 but I could be wrong, could barely see it through the trees.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about Maisey, Jam. Been through that with two of our dogs and it's always hard.

Don's got a bank holiday today so isn't here.

I'm up in Wharfedale, taking a day off the Dales Way today to hopefully visit Malham Cove but the weather has turned. On a bus to Skipton at the moment and passed a quarry with what looked like a Clayton working there. Swinden Quarry, I think. Looked like a Class 17 but I could be wrong, could barely see it through the trees.

• RMweb Premium

I certainly couldn't wish for a better set of people - thank you all.

I don't want this topic to become too bogged down in grief and sadness so I suppose the best way, if you want to comment, is to click the 'thank you' button on my above post if you so wish.

The weather seems to have brightened up and I hope you all have a great day. I expect I'll be working on the layout again today now that I've only got 25 days left to complete the layout. :)

Sounds like a good idea for spending the day, Jam :) . Perhaps you're aware of the saying that those who departed this world will not be dead as long as we remember them - which I guess can apply to pets just as well as it can to humans.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Have been discharged from the fracture clinic today, my fall in January seems such a long time ago.

I was due to go back for a final check while I was an in patient, and I cancelled the clinic visit, but they phoned the ward I was on, and sent a wheelchair for me - tied up a ward orderly to get my down there, and once I was down, I explained the situation, and they agreed to cancel, so I was wheeled back up!

My advice to you now is to be careful - a broken femur is a whole lot worse - it needs an operation to mend it, as I've found out to my cost!

Hi all,

Very sorry to hear the sad news.

The long weekend was a reallly lovely break. The weather was miserable, thoroughly grey and wet so went out as little as possible, stayed indoors and read and listened to music. I got up at 5:30 on Sunday, dressed, showered etc, got jacket on and set out for Church and only when I got out the front door did I see it was pouring with rain. Did an about turn and settled down to an indoor day. As the weather report said "prodigeous precipitation".

I hope Phil's weather improves!

Morning all..smile.gif

'Tis peeing down outside. Glad to see the good old English summer has returned. Seems more like November than August..

All is going well on the Mum front with completion/removal set for the 27th August. Hopefully that will be a little less to worry about.

Touch wood, I've never broken a bone. Law of averages says it will happen one day. Maybe I'll just wear out..

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

Weather looks like it could go either way, though the forecast's predicting a nice day - that was a rhyme, was it not? :lol: Had a dream where I was out trainspotting - isn't that something?

Have a nice day, guys! :)

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, Full set of leaking oktas in evidence. Just a clearing up shower I'm sure! Better get organised today and sort out a prezzy for SWMBO as it's her birthday tomorrow. Life would get awful tricky if I didn't get that sorted. Had an estimate for a shed/railway room from a chap yesterday. Nice product but I think he was having a laugh. He'll have to try harder if he wants my business I think. Have a good one all.

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Premium

Morning All

Dry here but threatening rain - eight oktas currently, but not yet leaking.

I'm not having a good day today, it's the first day since the operation that I've not felt a bit better - Mrs 45156 works in a pre-school, and many of the kids are sent in regardless of their state of health, so she comes down with everything that's going, and I think that she's passed something onto me.

Not a lot else to report today, so I'll shut up.

Regards

Stewart

• RMweb Gold

Morning all. Rain overnight and the weather can't seem to make it's mind up whether to keep raining or not. Full 8 oktas present as well.

More modelling time today so I should be able to get the hangar finished and maybe a bit more done to the castle. Not much else to report really.

P.S Dave, whatever you do, don't get one of those cheap sheds from well known big DIY stores - they are utter rubbish! (Get what you pay for I suppose! wink.gif)

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

We are now in Lubeck. Hotel is old but very nice, not at all Fawlty Towers as described on on one of the review sites! We are off for a walk. Mrs S is very keen to see the famous Lubeck Gothic brick architecture. I'm happy to walk today, yesterday was a long drive (8 hours, but that did include a few meal breaks). No more long drives are planned. It isn't far to Denmark (next Friday) and then most of the way home will be by ferry (or mini cruise as they advertise it!)

It could rain today apparently but it pleasant at the moment.

Tony