The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Good morning. Nice to see all the suite puns.

It is sunny today. We had a phone call from our neighbours who have been in Denbighshire visiting their grandchildren this week. They were concerned to read about the "Benfleet Tornado" in their newspaper. I assured them that they (and we) still had roofing.

Evening All,

Just called in at the old site and fixed that clattering shutter - it is amazing how quickly places become derelict when they aren't inhabited :lol:

Had quite a good day today - had some friends around and cooked Roast Chicken. Didn't get any modelling done - but that's nothing new! :rolleyes:

Untreated wood, can be treated with oil or wax, it proclaims.

Wonder how many purchasers will read this, treat them with oil and wonder why they have soggy magazines? ;)

I leave mine untreated too. They've been fine over several years. I pay the extra ??2 to get the little metal thing on the spine to hold the label...

Just been out with Mum and Dad's dogs, saw a shooting star near the Pleiades. Think it must have been left over from August. Not saying what I wished for!

Morning all,

A second sleepless night oscillating between bed and study chair in an attempt to get comfortable! (Sciactic nerve decided to get itself pinched between two bones :()

Sounds like the oktas are leaking profusely again outside.

Guest Max Stafford

I'm just off to bed in a minute, but from the conservatory I can see a lot of stars. I believe they are due to be replaced by leaky oktas by daybreak! Only one more clayton to refit now. There are still three to do after that, but 87029 is waiting for more chassis from Heljan.

Dave.

Good morning all.

I thought of you Tony when I heard news of the Benfleet tornado.

Saw pictures of overblown trees, roofing blown away and flooded roads.

Also thought of Gordon but didn't realise that Peter or Warren might be affected. I hope you are all dry now.

I dare not say this too loudly, but I think Summer may have arrived! Still cool at about 23 but no clouds, no rain!

Happy Monday all.

Morning All,

Oh well - Monday morning dawns again. Actually, it hasn't dawned yet, it is still as black as ink outside.

It looks like it has been raining overnight, but isn't at the moment.

Have a good day everybody :icon_wave:

• RMweb Premium

Morning ;) ...

Slightly sore throat this morning...will go for some tea first rather than cocoa, in order to loosen the bad stuff. Quite mild outside at 8?° - I remember (or was repeatedly told) that the year I was born there already were loads of snow when mum came home from the hospital with me :blink: .

Later ;) .

Good morning Robert.

How are you feeling?

How is Thomas or didn't you have him this weekend?

Good Morning to you Don - took me a while to reply, I logged in briefly before Thomas got up, and then took him to Kindergarten before coming into the office.

Thomas was around this weekend - he was fine, and full of beans.

I'm not doing too badly either at the moment - life goes on, and I am sure there is much to look forward to :)

Thanks for asking. :icon_smile:

Very glad to hear about both of you.

Has anything happened on Thomas' layout since your last posting on the layouts forum?

Does he ever play on it?

To be honest, we haven't had a lot of time of late to do anything much in the way of building.

He plays with it quite a lot though!

• Like 1