The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

Quite cold again at about -6°, which I'm just reading is about how it will remain over the next several days. I'll prepare some breakfast now – cold weather means increased energy consumption after all :D .

Have a good day all!

Good morning all.

26 again today, but unfortuntely still windy!

I am giving a Christmas dinner, but on the 21st December.

Thabo's Mother is coming to help

NO Brussels Sprouts on the menu!

Leg of lamb, roast stuffed chicken and boiled corned beef,

roast potato, butternut discs, minted petit pois and yellow rice.

Tim's family are providing the starter and pudding and I will be doing

my special chocolate mousse

Brandy and wine supplies will be renewed this coming Saturday

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

3C, slightly damp with a red hue to the sky.

I'm just back from taking my wife to the railway station. She is going to a Caribbean restaurant this evening after work with some colleagues and doesn't want to have to struggle to find somewhere to park in Stratford.

Tony

Morning All,

Rather later on parade this morning. We had another fall of snow overnight (around an inch) and that seems to have caused chaos on the roads of Hessen. I was out clearing the pavement at 06:30 and then took the little guy to school before driving to work.

The roads were clear - but people were just driving idiotically. The radio didn't help by "warning" people how dangerous and slippery it was every five minutes. Given that around here it wasn't slippery at all! It took me over an hour to get to work, and I have arrived with frayed nerves and high blood pressure. :angry:

Still - at least I made it here safely.

Have a good day everyone...

Guest Max Stafford

Grey and yellow stripey Oktas today. Got to send some coaches out today, but that's the sum total of my jobs. I've got some more German bits and pieces if you're interested Tony! That Caribbean restaurant sounds good, I've always fancied trying some West Indian food! :)

Anybody doing anything unusual today?

Dave.

• RMweb Gold

Grey and yellow stripey Oktas today. Got to send some coaches out today, but that's the sum total of my jobs. I've got some more German bits and pieces if you're interested Tony! That Caribbean restaurant sounds good, I've always fancied trying some West Indian food! :)

Anybody doing anything unusual today?

Dave.

Red sky now disappeared, blue sky now. I've just had a text from my wife saying the meal is cancelled, I don't know why but I'll try to something creative with the leftovers from yesterdays's dinner for this evening. Aditi has been to that Caribbean restaurant before. I think last time she had goat curry. My nephew is training to be a doctor in the East End of London and has enjoyed sampling the "caffs" rather than restaurants of many of the ethnic groups in that area.

I've sent a PM (I always wanted to say that!) about the german stuff)

Unusual, probably not today. Just off to the park for Robbie to play and then a trip to the doctors with prescription request forms.

Tony

Guest Max Stafford

An 'HE' front loader Pete? Sounds dangerous, should we be looking for some hard cover or building a wall of sandbags whilst it's being installed?

Dave.

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon All

Return to work is now more certain, as I've had a full workplace assessment, and been recommended some special equipment, and also a new chair which is something very special and costs about a thousand quid. As soon as it's delivered, I can restart work, so hopefully now just after Christmas. That is why I'm late on parade today, as first off, Mrs 45156 got a call saying her lift to/from work was cancelled, so I had to take her then hang about the office for a couple of hours until the assessor arrived - pointless being within half a mile of the workplace, going home, and turning out again. It was odd to be sat around for so long in my workplace, but I guess I'll get used to it. I couldn't even get online to check in from work, as my computer access has been revoked as I've been off for over four months, and needs to be reinstated!

Got to shoot now, as Mrs 45156 wants a lift home soon - but I had to come home for a while, as I hadn't made arrangements for the dog to go out to do her business, so having done so, need to get back on the road.

I'll be back online tomorrow.

Regards to All

Stewart

• RMweb Gold

New washing machine being delivered by Sears.............HE Front loader, at last!

Man, I'm sad aren't I?

Best, Pete.

Are front loading machines rare in the US? All the ones we came across on our trip to the US were huge top-loaders. Our friend wondered how we coped with washers and driers the size of her 60cm wide dishwasher. Is your new front-loader bigger than a UK machine?

Tony

• RMweb Gold

Where have you sent him and more importantly, will they keep him?

A few years ago Matthew had been unconscious and the paramedic who was with him started asking him questions after he recovered a bit, one of which was "who is the Prime Minister?". I was very relieved when he said "of which country?"

Evening campers......Who's a clever boy then?

Just had a log delivery to see us through Christmas, so Mrs S and I went out to stack them up neatly. After about 15 minutes, I bent over to pick up another couple and suddenly felt what can only be described as an electric shock low in my back. That was it. Could hardly walk and the pain was immense. Taken some Tramadol pain killers and some anti inflamatories and am still trying to get comfortable. Hopefully it's nothing to serious, but b*gger me, it 's bloomin' painful.

A good night's rest may do the trick, if not it's down to the quack....:rolleyes:

• RMweb Gold

I hope backs and knees recover after a nights rest.

I had to go out to the garage today to look for my big Bosch SDS drill (MiL has invited us to lunch on Saturday) and I eventually found it. It has been a long time since I've used it. It wasn't a lot of fun crawling around in the cold bit of the garage looking for it. What was amazing was that the drill was actually in its box and all the drill bits were in their box. Usually when I finish a job I'm so tired I just dump everything in the garage and sort it out when I need it again.

Tony

• RMweb Gold

A good night's rest may do the trick, if not it's down to the quack....:rolleyes:

Isn't Sam available for a massage?

Seriously, I hope it is no more than a temporary glitch.