RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

It is still reasonably clear here - even to the point of a little bit of blue sky being visible.

I am keeping a weather eye open at the moment in case I have to leave early to leave a bit of extra time when picking the little guy up from school.

• RMweb Gold

She is capable of staring at a rack of clothes for twenty minutes before deciding they are the wrong colour (a fact which could be observed from across the street).

Only 20 minutes is very impressive. I believe that it takes time as the colour of the item on the rack has to be mentally compared with every item at home to see if it will "go" with it.

My wife's father and her son had/have quite severe colour vision deficiency (in their case most definitely not just limited to red/green problems) so she is used to informing males about colour matching. Errors I make I just put down to incompetence though!

The most difficult shopping expeditions with my wife are when she is looking for shoes. She has small but broad feet and unless sensible shoes are "in fashion" she has problems finding shoes. My suggestion of buying two pairs when she finds something she likes is for some reason "silly".

• RMweb Premium

Only rain here at present but it is cold much colder than yesterday. Febuary is going to be an interesting month Mrs B is having a bone graft on her finger and DD2 is having a tonsilectomy both as day cases involving general anesthetics which seems strange to me, I thought you were kept in to recover from operations! Gordon if you feel that rest is going to help you are probably right it is your back and your pain and you don't need a fit note.

Girls don't think that way, Tony. Whenever I bought a new business suit, I'd always buy two pairs of trousers as the jacket rarely got worn and the trousers wore out long before the jacket.

Mrs S has gone off to visit her friend in Clapham, so I have the house to myself......just a shame I can't do very much. :(

Shoes! Oh Lord.

SWMBO has inherited MiL's shoe tendencies.

(Famously, a few years back, FiL carried a huge suitcase halfway across the world on a holiday trip and was not amused when it was opened and contained nothing but shoes).

Did you know that it's necessary to have a totally different set (i.e. approx 50 pairs) to wear with trousers?

Fortunately, they only have all day so there won't be time for shoe shopping.

• RMweb Gold

Only rain here at present but it is cold much colder than yesterday. Febuary is going to be an interesting month Mrs B is having a bone graft on her finger and DD2 is having a tonsilectomy both as day cases involving general anesthetics which seems strange to me, I thought you were kept in to recover from operations!

My experience with day stay (usually afternoon stay now) is that you generally get sent home as soon as possible if you can be be accompanied. They will probably be provided with a letter telling them how long they must refrain from driving, operating machinery or signing legal documents.

• RMweb Gold

Shoes! Oh Lord.

SWMBO has inherited MiL's shoe tendencies.

(Famously, a few years back, FiL carried a huge suitcase halfway across the world on a holiday trip and was not amused when it was opened and contained nothing but shoes).

Did you know that it's necessary to have a totally different set (i.e. approx 50 pairs) to wear with trousers?

Fortunately, they only have all day so there won't be time for shoe shopping.

I seem to have transported shoes and books on quite a few holidays as well. What amuses me is the "absolutely essential to take" shoes that don't get worn. The other thing about holiday packing is that if the suitcases are right on the baggage allowance limit going out why does my normally very sensible spouse suddenly think that 10kg of presents(not suitable for hand luggage) won't make them exceed the allowance on the return journey. I bought a spring balance in a luggage shop in New Hampshire a couple of years ago to prove that we needed to rethink our packing strategy before returning home.

• RMweb Gold

My daughter never leaves the house without coming back with a new pair of shoes or handbag or both.

Interesting sign next to the cash machines at the shopping center last night...... "Free Cash" .

I stood waiting for ages but it didn't give me any.

• RMweb Gold

I'm just back from having the car's spacesaver wheel replaced by my proper wheel with a proper tyre now. I celebrated by doing some shopping at Sainsbury. I had to do an emergency stop when someone got confused and decided to ignore the double-mini roundabout I was on at the time. As it is the season of good will etc, I just smiled sweetly.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Well, the snow front which has been forecast is currently in the process of unloading in this region. Windy, too, so there may well be snowdrifts - the weather service has put out weather warnings for the entire evening. Fire brigades are out already, so I figure there'll have been the first accidents.

• RMweb Gold

Well, the snow front which has been forecast is currently in the process of unloading in this region. Windy, too, so there may well be snowdrifts - the weather service has put out weather warnings for the entire evening. Fire brigades are out already, so I figure there'll have been the first accidents.

I think the problem in the south of England is that it is raining quite steadily and the wet ground will freeze tonight producing black ice. Most of the roads I'm travelling on tomorrow should be salted/gritted but I think I'll wait until all the mummies and daddies who deposit their children in our road to walk to the nearby school have been. Last week when the surface was quite polished some cars appeared to be having difficulty particularly sporty saloon cars with low profile tyres.

It will be nice to see Matthew again tomorrow but I'll be especially glad to get back home. I hope I don't need the Twitter emergency service like Mike did last week!

Tony

Guest Max Stafford

Interesting sign next to the cash machines at the shopping center last night...... "Free Cash" .

I stood waiting for ages but it didn't give me any.

The spirit of Cooper lives on...! :lol:

Dave.

• RMweb Premium

A quick look-see in the winter wonderland which currently exists in my street...

dsc5517xdb2.jpg

dsc5518xhta.jpg

It's still snowing and quite windy at -4°. Amazing how quiet the world is in this kind of weather...almost otherworldly so.

• RMweb Gold

The rain is turning to sleet here now, the only snowmen I can see are the illuminated Christmas decoration kind at the moment.. I haven't got any Christmas decorations yet, I'm waiting for Matthew to help.

Tony

Guest Max Stafford

Having conducted my survey of the boxes in the attic today, I have come up with 200 wagons and 85 coaches/parcels vehicles available for immediate use! I have at least 100 kits for goods stock as yet unstarted and a number of etched too. I haven't done a full count of the locomotives, but as a Scottish Region modeller the nine Black Fives, six 4MT tanks and six Standard Fives are probably quite appropriate, as are the five Claytons! :blush: Embarrasing and quite exciting in equal measure!

Very cold up here tonight and crystal clear. No sign of snow, but the Highlands are really getting it according to the latest reports!

Dave.