RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Having to do the usual spoon-feeding thing today, meet him at the door, make sure he's got his copy of the speech, ..

So if we hear about a politician who read out page 6 twice we know who is responsible!

Tony

Good Morning All!

All 8 Oktas around this morning, very blustery and wet too here on Hampshire's South Coast. Cycling into the office was *very* interesting this morning!! biggrin.gif

I've beaten back the barrage of emails from taking 2 days out of the office - that'll teach me to have a "Warley Long Weekend!"

Happy Tuesday Everyone!

Graham

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, Distinctly grey day. I hate November, cold wet and dark, yuk!

Fitted a Howes sound chip to one of my Class 08s yesterday and am very impressed. Certainly sounds like a Gronk to me. Now all I have to do is to replace the fragile Hornby pick-ups with something a little more robust as the originals have decide to give up the ghost.

Hope the exam goes well Dom.

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Gold

I've just had a parcel arrive, and it is my new big diesel! Being very efficient the manufacturer doesn't fit the bodies on DCC ready locomotives, however the instructions for lights (replace with 12V bulbs) and chip fitting (remove non-existent main board) don't match the model. The model had a 8 pin socket so I just removed the blanking plug, stuck in a cheap Hornby decoder and it all works including the lights. After a nice cup of tea I'll put the proper decoder in. Definitely not a case of RTFM.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Whew, who would have believed it? Another 1.3 or A, depending on which scale you use B) . Need to relax now, though - I almost dozed off on the train home, which rarely happens to me. Think I'll be able to tackle the other exam on Friday with even more ease now!

Later ;) .

• RMweb Premium

Hi y'all

Not posted on here for a few weeks, and certainly not an early rise!

The bad weather appears (for now) to have bypassed Lancaster again, and moved on into Cumbria, where they really did get a pasting over the last few days. My heart really goes out to anybody who is/was affected.

My employer (a major utility company) is throwing every resource into infrastructure repairs, but the bulletins are saying that this is going to be a long uphill struggle. In fact, they have declared that no compensation will be possible for loss of service as this situation was well outside of any direct control.

Me - well I have a wonderful frozen shoulder which is not responding to any treatment - I've just had my third (and most painful) cortisone injection into the joint - what with my flu jab, and swine flu jab, I'm starting to feel that my Doctor uses only needles for treatment - and not the nice gently acupuncture sort.

• RMweb Gold

Hi y'all

Me - well I have a wonderful frozen shoulder which is not responding to any treatment - I've just had my third (and most painful) cortisone injection into the joint - what with my flu jab, and swine flu jab, I'm starting to feel that my Doctor uses only needles for treatment - and not the nice gently acupuncture sort.

My wife had a frozen shoulder and the GP did some cortisone injections. It didn't work so he sent her to see a surgeon. He was going to operate but did another cortisone injection using the X ray he had taken to place the cortisone in exactly the right spot. It worked, she didn't need another cortisone injection or surgery.

Hope yours improves soon.

Tony

• Like 1

Preparing speeches for a Minister must be an almost overwhelming temptation!

I couldn't possibly comment... :) Thankfully all went well. Just home now - took 2 and a half hours to get from Perth to Leith. Our boss had taken us in her car, we got stuck in traffic coming back into Edinburgh, to the extent that she dropped myself and my other colleague off in Morningside to get the bus back to Leith while she went to pick her kids up from nursery. For those outside Edinburgh, that's like dropping someone off in Docklands who has Heathrow as their destination! :D

Well done Dominik! Fingers crossed for the last one!

• RMweb Gold

We are just back from the parent teacher evening. I think it can be rated as a success, as Matthew and Mrs S are still talking. In fact they are discussing his UCAS form at present without getting cross which is wonderful! They don't normally argue but Matthew and his mum don't always have the same sense of urgency about doing things. Mrs-S is of course correct!

Tony

Well done Dominik. We knew it all along, you just don't believe us!

"(I prefer my Dominiks medium-rare.)" I love infuriating waiters when they ask how would you like it done? Tender and tasty is my stock reply.

Cooler today - so far. Yesterday was another hot dry one.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

Clear skies here after a night of leaky oktas.

Don't worry Dominik. My mum warned me never to arrange to eat up with people from forums or chat rooms.