RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Morning, Graham, recovered from your trip overseas yesterday?

Morning John!

Hehe! Yes thanks, all 15 minutes of the overseas portion were uneventful, although there did seem to be a discerning amount of "roll" on the Gosport Ferry, given the light winds in the harbour yesterday!

How're you fairing? Are you aware of anything model - railway related worth attending locally in Decmeber??

there did seem to be a discerning amount of "roll" on the Gosport Ferry, given the light winds in the harbour yesterday!

that thing rolls in flat calm water :icon_wave:

How're you fairing? Are you aware of anything model - railway related worth attending locally in Decmeber??

I haven't found any (yet) but with my trip to Switzerland over Christmas and New Year looming, I tend to take December a bit easy anyway. However, I'll edit my blog diary if I find anything!RailExpo in Paris (last Friday) seems to close the season for me!

• RMweb Premium

I haven't found any (yet) but with my trip to Switzerland over Christmas and New Year looming, I tend to take December a bit easy anyway.

Sure must be a nice place for this time of year! :) Where exactly will you be going, if I may ask?

Sure must be a nice place for this time of year! :) Where exactly will you be going, if I may ask?

It has been so far (last 2 years). Hopefully Ffestiniog Travel will answer that one! Just off to check out the itinerary with dbahn!

I see from "Status Updates" that Dominick is adding an unusual loco to his fleet.

How unusual is 'unusual'? Look forward to seeing it!

It all depends on your perspective, of course :) . Let's just say it is historic and has one feature found only on a very small number of types around the globe ;) .

Well, indeed! Perspective is everything, but don't be too cagey, eh! The plot thickens!

BTW, did you follow the link?

• RMweb Premium

Well, indeed! Perspective is everything, but don't be too cagey, eh! The plot thickens!

There were 17 batches of them :) .

BTW, did you follow the link?

Yes, I did - forgot to mention that. That does look like a nice trip for sure. Will you be doing any trainspotting there? I certainly would :D .

• RMweb Gold

I followed the link. The itinerary looks quite pleasant and looks like one I could cope with. My wife is determined to go somewhere on Eurostar one day. She often sees it when she is sitting in a traffic jam in East London on her journey in to work.

Tony

Yes, I did - forgot to mention that. That does look like a nice trip for sure. Will you be doing any trainspotting there? I certainly would :D .

The holiday includes a 15 day Swiss Pass - I'll be "playing trains" to my heart's content :icon_lol: :icon_thumbsup2: :icon_wave:

And now that I have the latest 'numbers book' from Platform 5, there's no stopping me! What I'd like to see is a Swiss Electric Kettle!

I followed the link. The itinerary looks quite pleasant and looks like one I could cope with. My wife is determined to go somewhere on Eurostar one day. She often sees it when she is sitting in a traffic jam in East London on her journey in to work.

Tony

Probably the best place to see it is on the M25, whilst sitting in a jam on the clockwise carriageway waiting to cross the QE Bridge; HS1 runs under the bridge approach but over the tunnel exit. They pushed the bridge through from the east side!

Get yourself a pair of returns to Paris for the weekend; book early enough and for ??59.00 each, plus hotel, you could both enjoy the Eurostar and Paris. Upgrade to Leisure Select class and Eurostar will even feed and wine you at your seat! Go for it! (If you need any help, just ask!)

What with all this talk of trains you would think this site had some sort of connection with railways. C'mon lads. Get a grip.

Sorry, BoD, we appear to have gone off the rails!

Evening All,

Thought I would drop by this evening - The technical writing seminar is now over, and I managed to learn a reasonable amount - which is at least something.

I'm feeling a bit better than I did earlier in the evening. I have been quite positive for the last couple of weeks and then this evening - Bang: I never even saw it coming. Having cried my way through a few hankies, looked at some pictures and listened to a few songs that really stir memories which are mostly happy and sad all in one I'm doing Ok.

I guess it probably never will stop hurting completely - but time will continue to make it easier.

On a more amusing note, a colleague of mine introduced me to "Literal Video Versions" - I won't post links here for Copyright reasons but they can be found by searching on YouTube. Some are a bit near the knuckle, so don't watch if you are easily offended, but the Literal Video Versions of "Daydream Believer", "I would do anything for Love" and "Total Eclipse of the Heart" are worth watching.

Have a good evening everyone :icon_wave:

• RMweb Gold

Probably the best place to see it is on the M25, whilst sitting in a jam on the clockwise carriageway waiting to cross the QE Bridge; HS1 runs under the bridge approach but over the tunnel exit. They pushed the bridge through from the east side!

Get yourself a pair of returns to Paris for the weekend; book early enough and for ??59.00 each, plus hotel, you could both enjoy the Eurostar and Paris. Upgrade to Leisure Select class and Eurostar will even feed and wine you at your seat! Go for it! (If you need any help, just ask!)

Apparently when Matthew no longer wishes to accompany us on holiday my wife likes the sound of a Eurostar + Swiss holiday as long as it isn't a move to a new hotel every night which yours isn't. Our Swiss trips have been during the summer and we have usually travelled in by car from whichever adjoining country we have been staying in. We stayed overnight in the Geneva Novotel once and even that was in France (just).

Tony

Apparently when Matthew no longer wishes to accompany us on holiday my wife likes the sound of a Eurostar + Swiss holiday ...

Well, when you're ready, I can give you details of several types of train holidays to Switzerland, ranging from pure train bashing (of which your good lady may not approve!) to relatively sedate one or two centre breaks in various parts of the country with a good range of excursions included.

I have no allegiance to any one tour organiser but experience of several, so just ask!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Well, when you're ready, I can give you details of several types of train holidays to Switzerland, ranging from pure train bashing (of which your good lady may not approve!) to relatively sedate one or two centre breaks in various parts of the country with a good range of excursions included.

I have no allegiance to any one tour organiser but experience of several, so just ask!

Thank you. I know our main holidays for the next couple of years are 2010 California and 2011 somewhere in Canada. California is (barring problems) fixed as we will stay with my wife's uncle, and his present job ends in July 2010. Matthew and my wife are still "discussing" where in Canada. I'm sure there is some "must see" geography they can agree on. Quite a few of the university courses Matthew has applied for have the possibility of a year in Canada. I think he just wants to watch hockey matches really.

Quite a few of the university courses Matthew has applied for have the possibility of a year in Canada. I think he just wants to watch hockey matches really.

He better start saving now if he wants to be able to buy hockey tickets!