The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

I've got plenty of Morphine I can send you....Liquid or capsules? B)

Pure coincidence, but Mrs S mentioned a tens machine last night. Apart from burning you, do they work?

We've bought one of of these and I have to say they are fine to use. You may want to consider one....

They are a little on the small size but they supply a 6" extension belt. My waist/belly is 42" from years of beer and it fits fine with the extension. There's probably and inch or two more available, but Mrs S tells me they would be dead easy to make if you are much larger than that.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hotties-Soothing-Backwrap-Microwaveable-Relief/dp/B000WIIP0C/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1301819772&sr=1-2

Thanks, Gordon.

I have bought two of the smaller Tens Machine versions.

The idea of them is to disrupt the 'pain pathways'.

To do this they supply electric stimulus which contracts the muscles in the area to which the pads are applied.

As my problem seems to be that the slab muscles either side of the spine are in spasm (trying to do the work of the spine), anything other that a relaxant is non-productive.

The burning came from a 'new' type of Tens Machine that they wanted used 24 hours a day.

I may have been the Guinea Pig for that. It was the size of a house brick.

No burns from the smaller versions.

Just going to look at your link.

Ah yes, it's the same idea as my Jelly Teddy (like a hot water bottle) which is heated in the microwave.

Although comforting for muscle pain, I believe bone problems need ice packs rather than heat packs.

However I may be speaking out of my hat.

• RMweb Premium

Martin Wynne published this link on YMR, but I would advise not to go there. It's very addictive and even in the middle of the night (just watched two drunks staggering home after a night out. I don't think one was Dave.....) the trains are frequent.

Which Dave would that be then Gordon?

I sympathise with all the back sufferers. I've been there like many others and there 'aint much you can do or think about when things are bad.

I had great plans to do things this morning but that has all gone to rat sh*t as I am trying to remove a particularly nasty virus/malware from my PC. If you ever see a pop-up window appear named "Windows XP Security Center" don't touch any browser windows but immediately close all your browser sessions from the taskbar or task manager. This thing appeared on my wife's machine a couple of days ago and I managed to stop it getting in but at 9 o'clock last night it somehow got round my efforts and my anti-virus stuff on another machine. It is an absolute bitch to get rid of as it stops you from being able to launch certain programs including the registry editor. Amongst other things it appears to replace firefox.exe and iexplorer.exe and installs another thing called fss.exe. Grrrrrrrr!!!!!

Off to lunch at my sister's gaff later. Have a good day all.

Cheers

Dave

That's bad luck, Dave.

Why can't those mongrels keep their fingers to themselves?

They never seem to get caught either.

Tens Machines:

I forgot to mention that there are specific instructions not to attach the pads to 'erotic zones'.

I told them at the hospital not to worry, the cables are too short and, in any case, SWMBO wouldn't let me.

Guest Max Stafford

"Which Dave would that be then Gordon?"

Are you trying to incinerate something...? ;)

Dave.

Morning all!

Sorry to hear about the collective ER bad backs, fingers, bones etc this morning!

Pete - Islay was interesting. Not really like any of the other Scottish islands I've visited so far. There are no munros, and the entire central part of the island is billiard table flat, blanket peat bog. There are some higher bits around some of the coast of the island, but nothing really mountainous. Unfortunately I didn't get to a distillery, and didn't get to buy any whisky. They had displays of the distilleries' wares in the airport terminal building, so I've got my eye on an interesting looking bottle of Bruichladdich which comes in a blue frosted glass bottle.

Stop being broken, you lot.Be fixed! ;)

Not exactly rising early today - 1030 - but there you go. Had intended to go visit my mother, but I managed to overlook the fact that there are no buses on a sunday between there and here... so she'll have to come to me.

We're showing 11C here right now, and it looks clear and sunny outside. Lovely! :)

• RMweb Premium

so I've got my eye on an interesting looking bottle of Bruichladdich which comes in a blue frosted glass bottle.

which is totally exquisite, I can asure you - I have such a bottle in my collection, and it was NOT cheap - there is also a very special Bruichladdich (again in a frosted bottle) which runs to several hundred pounds and I think there's one that is about £1300.

Which one were you thinking of?

Odd sort of a day here, could go just about any way, and there is a threat of thunder later on.

Sympathy to those who are suffering - I had serious back proboems for years, mainly due to sitting for hundreds of miles in a VERY badly designed car seat when I also had a slipped disc. So yes, I can feel for anybody who has back pain. I found that the best treatment was profesionally administered interferential which is sort of similar to tens, but tingly rather than burning.

Regards to All

Stewart

Dave, you may wish to try SpyBot S & D. I had the same thing a few months back and this was the only piece of software that got rid of it. The site may look a bit basic, but I've had no problems and use the software on a daily basis. As a freebie, it's pretty good. If I had one minor criticism it's that it seems to have slowed my machine slightly but then it may be something else.

Worth giving it a try though.....

http://www.safer-networking.org/index2.html

• RMweb Gold

Me? Early Riser? Ha!

No chance of that laugh.gif

Went to a pub quiz Thursday night, party Friday night (where a dog slept on my head). It's therefore not surprising I didn't wake up this morning until about 11am.

Sorry to hear of the ER pain club, thankfully I can keep my drinking to a limit and so I don't have a hangover from Friday.

Right, best go downstairs since it is Mother's Day... rolleyes.gif

Oh yes, and welcome back Moo smile.gif

party Friday night (where a dog slept on my head).

Sounds like an interesting story! :lol:

Although, come to think of it, bizarre things always seem to happen at parties.

I've woken up a bit now, after copious quantities of coffee. I may go for a bike ride before the bad weather arrives.

which is totally exquisite, I can asure you - I have such a bottle in my collection, and it was NOT cheap - there is also a very special Bruichladdich (again in a frosted bottle) which runs to several hundred pounds and I think there's one that is about £1300.

Which one were you thinking of?

Stewart, it was this one I saw in the airport Laddie Classic - the Laddie Classic at £34.50 - there's also the 2001 which is £38.50.

There was also a very black looking Laphroaig which looked quite interesting...

I have a shortage of decent whisky in the house. In fact, my grand quantity of whisky is one miniature bottle of Famous Grouse. I should fix this - suggest me something relatively reasonably priced and good!

I have a shortage of decent whisky in the house. In fact, my grand quantity of whisky is one miniature bottle of Famous Grouse. I should fix this - suggest me something relatively reasonably priced and good!

The place where "every little helps" are doing Isle of Jura and Isle of Jura Superstition on offer until Tuesday. Superstition is very nice, and down from £27 to £22.

• RMweb Premium

Some clouds in the sky at high altitude and still sunny and warm out here :) . Although I do expect some rain and/or thunder later on, from looking at the sky.

Robert – some parties can be like that indeed :lol: . I still remember that New Year's party where we put those loudspeakers on the pavement and danced in the street!

Afternoon All,

Having returned from a short ride, I can safely say I am glad to be back. It's bedlam out there - too many Sunday afternoon cyclists for my taste.

Whilst passing by our local sidings on the run back, I snapped this shot - it wasn't there an hour earlier when I cycled out.

Proof, if proof were needed, that Sheds get everywhere! <_<

IMG_2053.jpg

• RMweb Gold

I'm back after a day of eating in Enfield. I was then a good son in law and sorted out a video recorder my MiL had acquired from somebody else (no manual, flat battery in remote etc).

It took ages to get to Enfield as there seemed to quite a few accidents on the A127 but fortunately they all looked as if they were just damaged vehicles not damaged people.

Tony

Guest Max Stafford

"...party Friday night (where a dog slept on my head)..."

I don't consider that a bad thing. I usually wake up in the morning and Abi has sneaked in from her basket overnight and is keeping my feet warm at the bottom of the bed!

Well I'm just about ready for bed now. I haven't slept properly since I came home from work this morning although I was pretty dozy in the bath after I'd walked Abi. I've almost finished the big O guage A3 I was painting up for a friend. Regarding Sunday afternoon cyclists, I also gave the new bike a little test up and down the street this afternoon ( all seems OK) and had my first run since my calf injury last Monday which I'm pleased to report seems to have healed up OK. Best not beast it though for a while.

No sign of the threatened thundery rain that was expected this afternoon and it's been a beautiful bright day over Carlisle if the wind is still a little cool at times. :)

Dave.

• RMweb Premium

Whilst passing by our local sidings on the run back, I snapped this shot - it wasn't there an hour earlier when I cycled out.

Proof, if proof were needed, that Sheds get everywhere! <_<

IMG_2053.jpg

They sure do :lol: . Interestingly, HGK's DE 62 actually has UK style headlight clusters – making her the only Euroshed to be thus fitted, if memory serves: http://class66.railf...o/998101-2f.htm

Morning all – wet and rainy at the moment. Slept rather well, which is good :) . I'm currently assembling my list for today.

Cheers!

• RMweb Premium

Morning all, certainly is a shame Don I could have done with another day or two of weekend. A very bright start to the day the sun shines straight into the kitchen window at this time of year.