The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

I'm blaming you for monday, Don!

It's only 3C outside right now but looking clear and sunny; we'll see what it does. Just sitting here eating my cereal right now. Really don't wanna go to work...

Really don't wanna go to work...

You're not alone Moo!

In a moment of madness last week I signed up to a jogging group at work and today's the first run. It's aimed at building you up to running a 10k race. I've done a couple of 5k races in the dim and distant past (plus I used to do cross country at school), but I'm dreading this! Still, I need to lose some weight. And signing up had nothing to do with the attractive girls in Lycra. Oh no.

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, Bright one.

Attractive girls in Lycra! Steady it's early yet.

I've been up ages honest Uncle Gordon! In fact my official last day is Tuesday so the list probably won't appear until Wednesday. Having said that SWMBO has indicated that my diary is free on Wednesday and I'm allowed to go and play golf on Friday though my attendance is required for "a day out" on Thursday. I think she is treading carefully as she is planning a visit to relatives "oop narth" next week which will mean I am left behind to keep the dog company.

Have a good one all.

Cheers

Dave

Not quite - mine are just plain, soft and useful for shuffling about.

I always think that Pantoufles is much more onomatopoeic than Slippers.

Reminds me of 'One Foot in the Grave' when Meldrew walks in the bedroom with one foot in a rotting hedgehog.

Just sat and watched another mile long freight go through Fostoria, but this time with seven, yes SEVEN locos on the front.....Wow!

.....and this is the busiest railway I have ever seen on a web cam. Bloomin' brilliant...

Guest Max Stafford

It's a first here too! Good to see you're joining in the 'run fun', Mike. I must admit,

that I don't see too many of those

Lycra-clad ladies on my own runs due to the rather boggy nature of parts of my route! I see lots of them when Abi goes to the park though! :) This morning when we got to the park, there was a racing team of ten Siberian huskies having a break on the way home from racing in Scotland.

Beautiful animals they were and though Abi wouldn't get close in speed or endurance, she gave it her best shot with noise. The only time the huskies were quiet was when their handler fed them bits of steak I wouldn't have turned my nose up at!

Dave.

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon All

Just a little gloat - I'm off for the week, but have to go down South for a wedding and for 30747 to make a few family visits - not taking the computer so I'll be off the air for a few days.

Thanks a bunch for the US webcam link, lads - you're right it's a bit addictive. I opened it up just in time to see a short train pass - only two locos and about 70 of coal. I'd hate to get stuck at that crossing (or indeed live near it).

Got to push off now, as 30747 expects a lift home from work today.

Regards to All

Stewart

• RMweb Gold
plus I used to do cross country at school

I did one of those .......

.......once.

When I were a lad we had to make our own Pantoufles out of a cardboard box.

• RMweb Gold

It's just schoolboy French, Tony.

I wasn't in the class that studied French at school. Those of us in "Windsor" house had to learn German. I thought the German word for slipper was Hausschuh but Google Translate also suggests Pantoffel or Slipper.

Having never knowingly seen the word before it will probably appear in every newspaper and novel I read now.

Tony

• RMweb Gold

We used to have a jogger who bothered mature ladies walking their dogs in our park. How can I best describe him? Simpsons fans would probably understand if I said he looked like "Comic Book Guy". His annoying behaviour was to change his route to pass close to dogs that he knew would bark and then he would start shouting at the owners. He wouldn't do this if any men were in the dog walking group and would run (a bit of an exaggeration) off if even someone as non-threatening as I headed in his direction. However I think he may have encountered some of the the younger Essex females who explained the error of his ways.

Tony

• RMweb Gold

Sounds like an interesting story!

Although, come to think of it, bizarre things always seem to happen at parties.

Yes, you're quite right Robert. Parties always bring out the funniest and most embarassing moments don't they. By the end of the party one of my friends suffered a broken nose after falling flat on his face!

I don't think having chairs at the top of a grass bank was the best idea. Although it's one of those moments you shouldn't laugh at, another friend walked backwards and fell down 3 steps onto the grass. Another one sat onto the chair too quickly and rolled down the bank - as you can imagine it was a brilliant night laugh.gif

It seems today has been the worst day I've had in a little while. Basically my dad's wing mirror got smashed off (again) and my chair has broken! Only got about a week to get it fixed etc...

I don't think the rest of the week will go any better by the looks of it - I have another hospital appointment tomorrow which means more pain probably.

On the plus side it is my birthday on the 10th which isn't far away... biggrin.gif

Today wasn't too bad in the end. Plenty busy but nothing going too wrong, and my colleagues weren't being too moronic.

My back appears to have decided to ache a little today. No idea why.

Today I discovered that my letting agent has no keys for my flat. Their workman is coming round tomorrow to sort some stuff out that's needed fixing since before I moved in (over four months ago), and he's having to come round early enough to get my key before I go to work. He'll then leave it with the agents and one of them will meet me at my flat when i get home from work to give it back. They asked me this afternoon if I could get a copy cut - I pointed out that I was at work and the girl seemed surprised...

I have come to the conclusion that I should start constructing some form of model some millennia soon. A small board in the region of 1500x300 mm might be appropriate and would fit on either my table or my desk. But what to put on such?

Cousin's wedding on Friday - should be good fun! Just need to dig out my suit and make sure it's clean...

It turns out that for this entire month I'm not working more than four days in one week - this Friday off for said wedding, next Wednesday off to have a wisdom tooth out that's causing me hassle, and then the Easter and Wedding bank holidays!