Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Already a nice day here. I didn't get round to cutting the lawn yesterday so I'll do that today. It is very quiet here, all I can hear is the pigeons "cooing". Normally there would be the sound of children at the local school but perhaps they have a day off today.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, Bright one again. I'm not sure I can stand the pace of this retirement lark. I had to turn down the offer of a game of golf this afternoon as I am already booked to play this morning! Also got to go and have dinner and drinkies with a colleague from way back this evening. Not sure when I am going to find time to do work on the layout and I've been told I don't get weekends now either! What is the world coming to?

Have a good one all.

Cheers

Dave

P.S. I would cut my lawn but I can't see it 'cos the grass is too long.

Better than being at a loose end, Dave.

That's more bad luck, Gordon.

Not your year so far.

But ... another day nearer!

I've taken a long chance and booked a couple of weeks in the Canaries in May.

Let's hope the cancellation Insurance is up to standard as I anticipate emergencies at the In Laws.

• RMweb Gold

I've taken a long chance and booked a couple of weeks in the Canaries in May.

I've never been to the Canary Islands. Everyone else in the extended family has though. My brother in law who doesn't really like holidays went to La Gomera recently and actually enjoyed it. I hope the cancellation isn't necessary. We use to take parents or parents in law on holiday with us. They weren't very relaxing holidays.

We've been to every one of the Canaries (except the one that's about to fall in the ocean and kill us all).

Some several times.

Went for the day to Gomera and laughed at the people screaming in the front seats of the bus as we travelled the mountain roads.

Served them right for scrambling for the front seats.

I won't mention their nationality.

• RMweb Gold

Went for the day to Gomera and laughed at the people screaming in the front seats of the bus as we travelled the mountain roads.

When Aditi's sister was there she and her husband hired a Jeep to visit places. It was very different to their normal driving in Enfield. I think she may have been too scared to scream.

• RMweb Gold

Queueing with my wife can be be difficult. She seems to make steady progress to the back. I think I know how it happens now. Someone pushes her, she turns round to apologise and they go past.

The architect who seemed to design half the Canaries built a restaurant overhanging a sheer drop at the top.

Local rumour had it that the restaurant closed because they couldn't get anyone to clean the windows.

• RMweb Gold

The architect who seemed to design half the Canaries built a restaurant overhanging a sheer drop at the top.

Local rumour had it that the restaurant closed because they couldn't get anyone to clean the windows.

Was it also one of those buildings with a glass floor? They seem to make people rather nervous!

Not been to the Canaries DD, but I suspect it is just what the doctor ordered at this moment.

Another conundrum for you...

Why is it, you put away a jet washer in perfect working order and switch on a few months later and you only get a dribble? Seems to happen every year...

I suupose perfect working order is an exageration. What I mean is that having completely stripped it down and renewed several parts last year, it limped through another season.

This year it cried enough, so a new one is on its way from the Amazonian jungle.

Of course, I'm excused jet washing the patio this year. Our winner is.......dear Mrs S .......and I'm sure she'll do a wonderful job.

Pleasantly surprised to discover the new one was half the price of the old one and includes some special form of water driven flying saucer. This one will miraculously clean a patio without showering everything else in dirt.

We shall see......;)

water driven flying saucer. This one will miraculously clean a patio without showering everything else in dirt.

We shall see......;)

Please report back - Until then, I will remain skeptical.

I cleaned my patio a couple of weeks ago, and got soaked!

• RMweb Gold

Of course, I'm excused jet washing the patio this year. Our winner is.......dear Mrs S .......and I'm sure she'll do a wonderful job.

Pleasantly surprised to discover the new one was half the price of the old one and includes some special form of water driven flying saucer. This one will miraculously clean a patio without showering everything else in dirt.

I do hope you'll provide a review of the patio cleaner flying saucer ( Kärcher 300 T-Racer Patio Cleaning Attachment ?).

I have managed to accidentally power wash my feet in the past using the lance attachment. Not sensible when wearing sandals.

Tony

When I had to do that whilst living with my dad, I simply used a hose. Generally managed to avoid getting myself wet - can't say the same for my dad when he came out to check on me! :)

Close, Tony. It's a T50 T Racer....

I now understand why this was half the price of our old one. It weighs half as much and feels like it won't last 5 minutes.

So much for modern production materials and techniques....:angry:

I will report back over the weekend when I get the whip out to the home help.

Everything seems to be falling apart right now. The new pump I bought before Christmas failed last night, which blew the fuse and cut off the supply, which happened to cut off the oxygen pumps and now the garden looks like a fishmongers slab. Hey ho....

Waiting for a new pump to arrive any minute. Add that to the jet washer issues and it must now be someone else's turn......;)

.....and meanwhile my surgeon is sunning himself.....:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDLdRci4NWg

• RMweb Premium

Campus sure looks nice at this time of year:

dsc05950v.jpg

Good to see wireless on here works just fine. Had to return a few books to the library and thought I might take my notebook and try this out before classes start next week.

Gotham City checking in. Bought three new pairs of shorts this week - forecast is for 76f next Monday. Spring is way ahead in Europe, we're lucky in that Crocus' and Daffodils and Forsythia are blooming. Scientists are still talking about global warming and Greenland snow pack - they must live in Germany..............we had coldest, snowiest Winter in decades.

Gordon: Are you now planning10,000 foot trains with multiple traction? There was one last night at you know where, another with 568 axles (which is a new description to me).

Best, Pete.

PS Aren't they "crackheads"?

• RMweb Gold

Don't tell anyone until the Police have checked it out Dom, but it looks like you have some aliens on Campus.....

I think it is a scene from "Blob, Schrecken ohne Namen", starring Steve McQueen . For some reason a film I have only ever seen in the German version.

Tony

Gotham City checking in. Bought three new pairs of shorts this week - forecast is for 76f next Monday. Spring is way ahead in Europe, we're lucky in that Crocus' and Daffodils and Forsythia are blooming. Scientists are still talking about global warming and Greenland snow pack - they must live in Germany..............we had coldest, snowiest Winter in decades.

Best, Pete.

Pete - all three are out in my garden here, on a latitude a whole 2 degrees further north than Moscow

, and nearly 16 degrees closer to the Pole than you! But there is no way that I shall be in shorts in anything like the near future!

I did hear about the train that was the best part of 2 miles long. 10,000 feet would be the equivalent of 35m in H0 (114') which would be two full circuits of my railway room......:blink:

At last I got some good news! The hospital just rang and my op has been pulled forward a week, to the 21st April, so less than two weeks away....B)

Great way to start the weekend...

• RMweb Gold

Our crocus daffodils, tulips and Forsythia are past their best now. We have some nice pear blossom so I'm hoping we don't get a severe frost as that will mean a lot less fruit in the summer. I'll probably be encouraged to start some courgettes and beans off this weekend.

Tony