The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

I'm off to the model railroad club today though it looks as if I'm attending an electronics or computer society with the stuff I'm taking.

The meal last night in Enfield was very pleasant and by the time we drove home all the delays on the clockwise M25 had disappeared.

Tony

mornin'. My weekly or so checkin to say nothing new happening. All the nice people at work I thought were suffering from hay fever turned out to be evil plague carriers. Back to bed with Lemsip in hand. (yes I know a mug works better) I've often wondered what slightly warmed up death feels like. Don't recommend it. :(

Morning all! I have a self-drawn up mini list which involves some laundry, tidying etc. There may be a trip to HH to purchase an OTA as I'll probably want a bit of fresh air.

But first, the F1 qualifying which I recorded this morning as I had no intention of getting up at 6 on the one day I could have a lie in this week!

Morning all...:)

Lousy start to the weekend as I had to get up around 1.30. Turned the computer on and an hour or so it crashed. First the printer went haywire and having downloaded new drivers from HP, I must have done something wrong as Windows won't start. System32/hal.dll file has disappeared or been corrupted and nothing will go. Found a way of resolving it, but just got in deeper and deeper without resolution. Several hours later I gave up and went back to bed.

Decided in the end to abandon that one, so have taken out the hardrive which I can still read through as an external drive so thankfully the data is available. I'll probably order a new and larger drive to fit, completely reinstall windows and then reload essential data from the back up I am creating. I always say I'm going to hold data on external drives but never seem to get round to it.

Now could be the time. In fact I could clean this drive and put it back. There will be bags of space for software once all the data and picture files have gone. That's my weekend spoken for.....

Good job I'm retired or I'd really be peed off.......

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

Everything's quiet except for the avian symphony – wonderful :) . We planted a few new flowers on the balcony yesterday, which include daisies, geraniums, petunias and another kind whose name has escaped me at the moment :blink: .

Have a good one, folks...

Begonias? Pansies? Marigolds?

Have woken up 45 minutes early. Planned to wake up in time for the start of the F1 coverage but I was dreaming about my late dog, who died about 4 years ago (old age).

Will go get a shower and get up for the F1.

Morning All,

It appears to be rather grey this morning. It isn't raining, and doesn't appear to have been raining - but it may well do so at some point today (despite forecasts to the contrary).

I slept pretty well, but awoke with a feeling of something impending. It is rather strange, and hard to put my finger on.

Oh well - I'll see what the day brings.

Have a good one everybody...

Morning all....:)

Screwed up my pc yesterday and now caught up in no mans land, with the pc I know having deliberately hidden away all the files which held my preferences, desktop, emails etc. I have a new hard drive on its way and can access the drive through an externak dock, but it's all a bit toucg and go at present as to whether or not the migration will be succesful. I hate computers with a vengeance when this happens,:angry:

Still I'll fight on with my laptop and see what gives......

F1 starts in 13 minutes.....:D

Daughter's boyfriend starts in the London Marathon at 9.45 so hope it all goes well for him...

Have a good one!

Guest Max Stafford

Good morning guys. My absence this week is explained by my being on the early shift. It's given me the opportunity to start building a loco in the evenings though. I hope you enjoyed seeing your dog again Mike. I sometimes have dreams about Katie, my old Staffie. It's funny how the mind retains so much detail in the sub-conscious. It must quietly store every concious experience you have in your waking life. I've even have dreams where I around in the past. I've never had one earlier than the 1960s (I was born in 1964) but they can have a lot of period detail. I can only surmise that's because dreams are based on what you've seen for yourself and in that case, that must mean that even as an infant, we're absorbing every detail of our immediate environment!

Dave.

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, Bright one. Dog walked now what comes next? Oh yes, coffee. House full of guests so just snatching 5 minutes to catch up on e-mails and ERs while they are still all abed.

Have a good one all.

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

I turned on the television just in time to see the F1 victory lap.

I'll cut the grass today. Though it looks as if most of the neighbours are just out there chatting, probably as my next door neighbour is tidying his garage. So far, various motorcycles and jet skis have appeared. I hope the tarpaulin comes off the odd looking 8x8 all terrain vehicle, it looks interesting!

Tony

• RMweb Gold

Mobile Scud launcher...?

Dave.

I didn't get up early enough to see it! It is now on its way to the Czech republic. It looked like a bathtub with 8 little wheels. No conventional steering, just skid turns like a tank. Used on moorland terrain apparently. Still I've just been looking at my neighbour's father's vehicle. He has just turned up in a Jeep, not the modern 4*4 but a 1945 ex US Army model.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon All

Not on parade yesterday, as went out all day, and couldn't be bothered to logon when we got back at 18.30. Then this morning, needed the computer for some more serious uses, and also 30747 offered instruction in the use of something called the hoover, and insisted that I practice what I'd learned! Also, I felt pretty miserable first thing, but couldn't put my finger on why, and decided to have a lie-in - but 30747's idea of a lie in and mine are a bit different, so I was roused by the request about the hoover at just after 9.00 - some lie in!!!!

Beautiful afternoon here, and outside thermometer is showing over 20oC but it is in a shaded area so might be over-reading a bit - whatever, it's pretty warm again.

Gordon good news about getting your operation brought forward - do keep us posted, but I'm sure we'll hear from you before you go in.

Nowt much else happening, so I'll wander off and catch up with some of the other threads.

Regards to All

Stewart

Sounds rather like an ArgoCat, Tony. Quite useful for extracting deer carcasses from moorland if you don't have a handy pony...

Yes, I was going to say the same thing. Sounds very much like an Argo. Tremendous fun, and amphibious too!

"Bathtub with 8 little wheels" is an apt description! :lol: