Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Morning All,

Quite a chilly one again this morning. The temperature is just above freezing, but I don't think we have had any new snow overnight.

Have a good day everyone! :icon_wave:

Christmas trees/decorations etc are forbidden where she works now so we now have an extra one.

Pardon?!? Is there a good reason for that, or is it some sort of PC mumbo-jumbo?

Morning all! Suppose I should get my butt in gear and go to work. Two and a half more working days to go this week (then 4 next week).

Strange to have public holidays on Wednesdays, Don - over here (at least in Scotland), we almost always have them on Mondays or Fridays so that you get the long weekend...

Morning All!

Definitely a mild one this morning, plenty of Oktas here and they've only gone and leaked everywhere! laugh.gif

I can cofirm that I'm still, definitely Graham Kendall by name, and my Birthday is Christmas Eve - no visits to Deed Poll to report yet!! biggrin.gif

I don't know about Christmas coming round at the same speed as always, it *definitely* seems to have been faster this year y'know John...

Best Wishes All, Have a good Day rolleyes.gif

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, Definitely a grey one. If I had Sam's phone number I wouldn't be sharing it with you, at least not until I had been there first! Just realised I haven't done my homework for todays Chinese class. Better not tell the kids or they'll want to get their own back! I'll have to venture out into the garage this evening and spring clean the trainset whether it's brass monkeys out there or not. Being descended on by the local model club for their Christmas party tomorrow so it would probably best if things worked.

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Gold

I had to scrape ice off the car this morning. It was our turn to have a frost today. My wife has to go to Stratford today (East London not upon Avon) and prefers to go by train. Today is waiting for City Link. Apparently we have a parcel that couldn't be left yesterday even though a neighbour offered to take it in. I don't think it is a train parcel. The only other thing it could be is some maple syrup and chipotle sauce my wife ordered from a shop that sells American food.

Tomorrow will be waiting for the Sky repairman. The Sky+ box has failed. Some lights come on but nothing happens.

Robert wondered why staff at my wife's place of work can't have Christmas trees. It isn't a H&S thing and although it sounds like a PC thing it isn't really. It doesn't apply to what people wear so I suppose someone could wear a Christmas tree.

Tony

Morning all, from a dull damp and grey Hampshire!

Strange to have public holidays on Wednesdays, Don - over here (at least in Scotland), we almost always have them on Mondays or Fridays so that you get the long weekend...

Personally, I like the French idea - take the holiday on the day it should be and if that's a Tuesday or a Thursday, take an extra 'bridging day' to join it to the weekend!

"Personally, I like the French idea - take the holiday on the day it should be and if that's a Tuesday or a Thursday, take an extra 'bridging day' to join it to the weekend! "

Unfortunately we too have the holiday on the calendar date, so this year we miss out on Boxing Day since it falls on a Saturday. The exception is if the holiday falls on a Sunday, we get the Monday off.

The "bridging" idea is in operation here too, but it comes as a day's leave off your annual entitlement.