The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Where did it go, Pete? Got the email but no pic!

Mike, Sorry but the upload failed! It just failed again too........

Tony, In my local Supermarket I can choose between Coke with corn syrup or with cane sugar (let alone all the diet varieties...).

Best, Pete.

Edited by trisonic

• RMweb Premium

I noticed some brand name products tasted different when we went to the US. Matthew suggested it was different sweeteners (corn syrup?)

I seem to remember fish fingers are produced slightly differently for various countries, too. Can't comment on whether they also taste differently, as I've only ever eaten the German variety.

• RMweb Gold

Shucks.

Our toaster has finally failed enough to need replacing this morning. We have tolerated various inoperative features but it now only seems to be able to burn one side, leaving the other side undone. I've read all the online reviews, some are quite amusing. As we make our own bread one that can cope with odd shaped slices is an advantage.

• RMweb Gold

I seem to remember fish fingers are produced slightly differently for various countries, too. Can't comment on whether they also taste differently, as I've only ever eaten the German variety.

When Matthew was little and liked fish fingers and we used to go self catering in France he informed us they looked and tasted different to the Birds Eye cod fish fingers he had at home.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all, well it was when I started slept late again not getting up untill after 11.00 do I have to leave? Cold but dry and bright outside so a trip out to the local fish shops to see if we can find some shell dwelling cichlids for DD2

DD file it flat then drill and tap it then find a small bolt if you can to replicate the thread,if not you need a lathe or a friend with a lathe.Tapping the plastic will be the most delicate bit and risk disaster by splitting the block.

Gordon I was thinking a more informal set up upload 30 seconds of video say and then ask for suggestions or what would you do here ideas..

Morning Pete. Afternoon everyone else! :)

Just did the Edinburgh Winter 5k race. It's a single lap around Arthur's Seat. If you have BBC Sport on this afternoon there are more races from there although on the x-country course not the circular road route. And it's colder than it looks on tv, I'll bet!

My official time was 28 minutes 12 seconds, so I beat my previous 5k race pb by about 4 minutes and on a hillier course.

Edited by sixoh8sixoh

Last night in paradise.....25C at 11:30 pm. Fly back to the UK on Sunday :(

Be back in 3 months once house sale is completed and notice period worked :)

Have a good weekend ( as I enjoy being cramped up in cattle class for 24 hours)

Morning, Mike and everyone else!

Gotham City forecast for the Weekend:

Today: 57f (14C) and Sunny. Tonight: 31f (-.5C) and clear. Winds 10mph going down to 1 mph. Sunrise: 7:22am, Sunset:4:46pm

Sunday: 44f (7C) and Sunny. Night: 29f (-2C) and clear. Winds 10 mph going down to 5mph. Sunrise: 7:21am, Sunset:4:47pm

Best, Pete.

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon All

Many thanks for the good wishes for our anniversary yesterday - we decided on a quiet night in, with a roaring log stove, and a nice relax - the woodburner was our 25th anniversary present to ourselves, accompanies us from house to house, and is a constant reminder of the silly date that we chose to tie the knot!

Late on parade today as though fairly wet and fairly warm decided to pop out to get more coal and logs, and also needed a haircut.

Just watching a repeat (repeat, repeat, repeat) of ABC murders on one of the digital channels, and keep noticing that it is one of the very few Poirots which has any real accuracy on the railway scenes - well as the C murder is set in Churston, and that location comes ready equipped with a GWR branch station and correct rolling stock, they could hardly get it wrong.

Regards to All

Stewart

Edited by 45156

• RMweb Gold

Lamp update: Industrial Glue seems to be working.

I'll leave it overnight to see.

Thanks for the helpful advice, lads.

Glad to hear that it appears to be working. I repaired many bits on our Volvo and various toys with a product called Super Steel. It was a very strong epoxy that could be filed (and threaded though I'm not sure if that was approved!). I do hope your industrial glue is not cyanoacrylate based (not nice if heated). I know this after soldering something on some valve gear that had superglued parts already attached.

• RMweb Gold

It's in the back of my mind at present, Mick. To be honest i detest cold, wet, Winters. Over here when it is cold it ends to be dry.

Best, Pete.

Do you think of those lovely mild, dry Essex winters. Though to get the real benefit one does have to be south of the A13.

• RMweb Gold

Live in Essex with a drought, an excess of Daddies little darlings male and female and attendant TV crews. I would rather be in Inverness.

Strangely enough we haven't had a hosepipe ban for years. We don't rely on groundwater as they do "over the river". I think the only TV crew outbreak round here will be for the Olympics as the Mountain Bike event is being staged nearby.

I grew up in Essex. Shenfield where at any one time half of the West Ham Football team live. At one point we had three England Captains living in Shenfield - only two were from Football.

Who was the third (and equally famous) non- footballer?

Best, Pete.