Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

I don't know what it's like where you folks are, but our forecast was totally wrong. We have had a massive thaw today and most of the (deep) snow that was lying everywhere yesterday has gone. My grandson is really upset because his snowman, that we built only yesterday, has gone.

I think I'll give up checking the forecast and just take what comes.

Anyone want to buy 5 loaves, 6 litres of milk, 4 tubs of salt and 24 toilet rolls.

I think I'll give up checking the forecast and just take what comes.

Anyone want to buy 5 loaves, 6 litres of milk, 4 tubs of salt and 24 toilet rolls.

That's why I just look out of the window at the Weather Now Cast!

Hang on to them, loaves and milk = bread and Butter pud, salt and toilet rolls = good preparation!

dd. had a pair of blackcaps sitting in neighbour's apple tree, last winter a blackcap visited the feeders, hard to photograph, will look for pic flew off on slightest move/sound. several redwings in the vicinity. haven't noticed the return of long tailed ######, four were in the garden just before Christmas.

Morning All,

Not too much more snow overnight - but the roads were a little dodgy this morning. What little new snow there was appears to have frozen!

It was quite a successful weekend all in all, but I'm feeling a little down in the dumps this morning - Oh well, such is life.

Have a good day everyone :icon_wave:

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

All we have left are large areas of ice where the snow was compacted and hasn't yet melted. Much worse for walking and driving than crisp snow.

.....but it means I can find out what Chris Evans' first record is...

All you need is love.....Bit too frenetic for me at 7.05. At least Wogan eased you into the day...

Pleased to report no ice and snow on the stairs and little traffic to the study, so managed to get here without too many problems....

All you need is love.....Bit too frenetic for me at 7.05. At least Wogan eased you into the day...

Pleased to report no ice and snow on the stairs and little traffic to the study, so managed to get here without too many problems....

Although the first track I heard this morning was "Brush Up Your Shakespeare" which Sarah Kennedy played as her show tune.

I was quite happy with 2 Beatles tracks to start with!

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, Pretty grey hereabouts and currently trying to snow. Felt pretty darned cold this morning when I walked the dog. Probably just below freezing though it was dark so I couldn't see the thermometer!

Cheers

Dave

....only if you stop hogging the sun and send some of that warmth up her.

Hi Gordon,

that sounds like a good deal to me... I just need to adjust the earth's tilt, you should feel the results within a couple of months. :)

• RMweb Gold

Hello.

It was cold enough here last night to refreeze yesterdays thaw but it is starting to melt again now. I didn't have to take Matthew to college this morning so I assume the bus stopped at his bus-stop today. I've just got lots of washing to sort and load into the washing machine.

Tony