RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

A stoat or weasel ran across the road in front of my car on the drive down. How do you tell the difference?

Looks like, from the link, DD, that the best way is to stop and ask it if it's older than 3 years, longer than 25cm and weighs more than 120g! Oh, and do you turn white in winter (although that may not be conclusive!)

• RMweb Gold

I remember a couple of years ago I was bombing along a cycle track (well it was downhill and there was a following wind) when a weasel decided to dart across. Straight under my wheel and not a thing I could do about it. The odds against it getting the timing just right for that to happen must be astronomical.

I was, obviously, very downcast, for the rest of the ride.

• RMweb Gold

I remember a couple of years ago I was bombing along a cycle track (well it was downhill and there was a following wind) when a weasel decided to dart across. Straight under my wheel and not a thing I could do about it. The odds against it getting the timing just right for that to happen must be astronomical.

It was probably concentrating on the vole or shrew it was about to pounce on and didn't see you. A bird flew into me when I was riding my motorbike down the A5. It wasn't very big but it seemed to explode. I had quite a bruise on my chest. That was before Kevlar motorcycle body armour.

Tony

weasel decided to dart across.

Years ago, I heard the quote "Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines" - this adds a whole new meaning to that phrase. They might not get ingested, but it appears they do get run over by bikes! :icon_eek:

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

Been thawing a lot over here yesterday, though at this time it is back to around freezing again. I also just noticed Albert is a bit of a daredevil as he broke out of his enclosure by first jumping on the cage and then over the fence. He's done this several times, as a matter of fact. Trude, on the other hand, never tried anything like that.

Have a good day ;) .

Morning All,

As Dominik said, we are well into a thaw now. Can't say I am too displeased by that because the monotone white was getting a bit boring.

I came into work a bit later this morning because I have got a very important, three day meeting and I wanted to be as alert as possible later in the day as it will run on towards this evening.

Have a good day everyone :icon_wave:

What's on the layout program today?

More bus wiring and hopefully the first link between the scenic bit over the stairs and the hidden spiral. It's a bit like building a bridge from both sides and hoping the two ends will meet in the middle....unsure.gif

Oh dear! Any idea what the eventual "fix" involved?

It looks like an expensive mistake!

When Jo'burg was laid out, one side was measured in feet and yards and another in millimeters and meters. There are some strange anomolies still exstant today.