Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

I was just thinking about the fact that several weather stations in the Atacama Desert have never recorded one drop of rain for their entire existence, and that historical records from the region suggest there appears to have been no precipitation of any significance between 1570 and 1971. Must be an eerie and otherworldly place... :unsure:

• RMweb Gold

Must be an eerie and otherworldly place... :unsure:

Yes, very much like here when it hasn't rained for 400 years.

I once spent New Year in Llanrwst (my spell checker suggests Llanrwst is a mistake and suggests propellant or gallantry) and it didn't stop raining.

Morning All,

It is not particularly cold here now, but the snow from yesterday morning has now turned to rain and so I am expecting slippery roads on my drive to work.

It is still dark outside - roll on Spring!

Have a good day everyone :icon_wave:

Hmmm - Wonder where Don is this morning.

Good morning all.

I have been on since shortly after 6:00 (my time) but had some urgent work to attend to, so did that first.

It's FRIDAY!! :D

Looking forward to the weekend, although other than breakfast at a restaurant with a friend tomorrow morning, nothing exciting happening.

• RMweb Gold

Hello.

If upper case is shouting and lower case is normal on an internet forum how do I indicate that I've progressed from a "little horse" to quite croaky today? Am I now a ribbit counter?

Tony.

• RMweb Gold

You could whisper

Oops. Sorry you are under the weather. Who's going to make the tea?

I will have to make my own. Mrs S went back to work yesterday and Matthew seems to have got rid of the infection completely in a couple of days and is going back to college today. Matthew is always willing to make a cup of tea but somehow it never turns out to be that drinkable. I'm certain it isn't a cunning ploy to avoid tea-making.

I will take Robbie for a walk at some time today but it may be shorter than usual. He can be encouraged to just run about more!

My wife is off to somewhere near Southampton next week and she has been enjoying shopping online as she "obviously" needs different clothes for the deep south.

Tony

ER's should come with a health warning as it seems we're passing the bug around. Been curled up with man flu for the last couple of days and this morning woke up coughing like a good 'un.

Who started it?.....Thanks for sharing.smile.gif

Decided there are too many Mrs S's on the forum. Whoever she is, she's one busy lady....

Matthew is always willing to make a cup of tea but somehow it never turns out to be that drinkable.

Needs a recipe book?
My wife is off to somewhere near Southampton next week and she has been enjoying shopping online as she "obviously" needs different clothes for the deep south.

Yes, it's a whole different climate down here!

"I have a spelling chequer,

It runs on my pea see.

It clearly marques for my revue

miss steaks I can not sea.

I've run this poem threw it,

I'm shore your please to no.

Its letter perfect in its weigh.

My checker tolled me sew!"

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, Murphy's law is still alive and kicking. Walked the dog in the rain, arrive home, step indoors and the rain stops! Hmm.

Somewhere is definitely close to Southampton but is a long way from Anywhere.

Quiz night tonight (ho hum), a small list to deal with tomorrow (hmm) but playing trains in Bristol on Sunday. :)

Cheers

Dave

Still laid up, so watching Tony Blair's performance live on the Iraq enquiry. Fascinating to see how enquiries work....

Concensus says he may be telling a few porkies...

If anyone is interested, it can be found here. It's not on TV, just streaming via your pc.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newsvideo/7072427/Watch-Tony-Blair-live-at-Iraq-war-inquiry.html

Still laid up, so watching Tony Blair's performance live on the Iraq enquiry. Fascinating to see how enquiries work....

Concensus says he may be telling a few porkies...

If anyone is interested, it can be found here. It's not on TV, just streaming via your pc.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newsvideo/7072427/Watch-Tony-Blair-live-at-Iraq-war-inquiry.html

Don't lie detectors need truthful control responses to get a 'level'?