Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

"without leaving my warm bed!"

You really must get out more, Ashers.

I received payment this morning on the two items I was worried about (remember it's not my money!).

Now it's just a matter of dealing with the hysteria when they open the package.

Best wishes to Mrs A.

• Like 1

Now tippexing out the first page of mistakes.

Never use logic on a bureaucrat's form. :scratchhead: :rtfm: :banghead:

DD - sure they will be delighted with their purchases.

Finally got a direct hit on the neighbour's cat. It went home drenched and SWMBO' flower bed remains clear of cat poo for the time being. :hunter:

Sorry if there are any cat fans out there, and I know they've got to poo somewhere. Just wish it wasn't in my garden.

Andy

• RMweb Premium

Morning all ,

thought I'd better get in quick in case we vanish into the great unknown again .

Hazy sun and cool best describes the weather here .

Hope Mrs A gets better soon Jim ,

Hello Stuart nosing at the bottom of the page . ( no he's gone now )

Edited by Sidecar Racer

• RMweb Premium

Best wishes to Mrs A.

Second that!

Clouds clearing up outside and SWMBO was thinking about using her three days off for some decorating work around the flat. So, it looks like we'll be out and looking for some craft supplies later on. As it's national day tomorrow, we'll also need to make food purchases for two days.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

actually sunny here at the moment - it won't last (official) and i have got to go bog seat buying today as we had a broken hinge on one yesterday evening - looked all very nice in chrome but now it's sheered it has turned out to be plastic, typical foreign import stuff, grr, and it will probably be an ordering job as it's an older model, grr grr.

Have a nice day folks.

Morning all! Sunny but with lots of cloud in Edinburgh this morning.

I'm busy responding to an internal audit report on some of our processes. I first went through and copy-edited the report for them, as it was rather a mess...

My little gift to myself should be on a plane over the North Sea today at some point, according to the DHL website. I've ordered a Lenz 100 system from a shop in Germany as the exchange rate was reasonably good and it saved me close on £100 as opposed to buying from a UK seller... The eventual plan (when I get the other necessary bits and pieces) will be to use the iPhone as the throttle.

Hope Mrs A improves. AndyB - my partner's now bought a cat repeller device to stop them pooping on her lawn, I'll let you know if it works. Personally I think the lion manure would be a better option, but she won't try it.

Morning all,

Found myself a few weeks contract work in compliance, helping out a few companies I have dealt with in the last year. Keeping me pre-occupied anyway whilst I try and find something else. They say it's harder to make work for yourself; I would question that with the paperwork which has just landed in my inbox!

Hope everyone has a fruitful day today.

• Like 7

Sounds like you got a good deal there Mike. Wasn't Kramm's you got it from, was it?

Dave

Nope - it was this place - and with Tony's kind help, I've ordered a compatible transformer from DCC Supplies £15 cheaper than buying the Lenz one, and with a British plug.

[edit, just checked out Kramm's website and they're €65 dearer than where I got it!]

Edited by sixoh8sixoh

"without leaving my warm bed!"

You really must get out more, Ashers.

I usually do (go out quite a lot!) but have just seen my GP who has confirmed my self diagnosis of Shingles, last had when I was 19. She advises me to rest for a few days and take 10 tabs a day for a week! On the plus side, I wont be able to visit my O/H's cantankerous aunt in hospital later this week! Every cloud....................!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I've never had shingles but was once under strict instructions due to other medication to avoid people with chicken pox or shingles. Then Matthew got chicken pox. Very difficult to avoid a two year old with spots!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

As well as the B&Q discount card, free prescriptions, and a discounted ticket for the theatre trip next month I thought I'd got another over 60 benefit this morning. Having noticed the words free and kit I put my reading glasses on and read further. As an over 60 registered with a GP I can send off for a free bowel cancer test kit. Suspect it isn't Airfix.

• Like 5

Hi guys, late on parade as I've been on my back all morning trying to avoid solder drops. Sorry to hear about your shingles Ash. Something I had back in the late 70's and wouldn't want again. Overriding memory was the liquid I had to paint on all affected areas that gave you bad breathe. I avoided everyone for weeks or maybe they were avoiding me..... :D

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I had a mild bout of shingles about 25 years ago, around my head. It wasn't too painful, just itchy, but I went along to the docs as I wasn't too sure what it was. The doctor became very animated and excited. He said it was an unusual case, and got out lots of textbooks and coloured diagrams to show me where the nerves run round the head and face. He explained what had caused it, what hadn't caused it, how it might develop, how it couldn't develop, the Latin name for it, other such cases he'd seen over the years, interesting possible cases he'd never seen himself, ...

After about half an hour of this, I said it was all very interesting but what was he going to do about it? Oh, he said. It's a virus. We can't do anything about it, you just have to get over it!

Martin.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Get well soon Ash/Ashers/Ashcombe*

*Scratch out as appropriate (I know, sorry)

The eventual plan (when I get the other necessary bits and pieces) will be to use the iPhone as the throttle.

I managed to do that a few wees ago. Quite impressed by it.

• Like 1