RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Just need a donkey and a cow and a homeless family to make a festive picture, Tony.

Last night, whilst texting an address to my son, my iPhone decided that rather than "Homelea" as the name of my SiL's house, it preferred "Homeless"!!

Norway is on our "must visit" list. Aditi is very keen to see the fjords. We have been to Denmark and Sweden (Sweden only for a day trip over "The Bridge") but I don't think Norway will be part of a motoring holiday. I think P&O do a cruise that looks like fish processing factories of the Arctic but I think that will wait until Aditi has retired. It might be less icy then.

We've had some great times on cruises to Norway on three occasions, all in August when we experienced lots of sunshine and, of course, terrific scenery.

Edited by Ashcombe
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

So many deserving posts this morning (and over the last couple of days) and not enough likes to go round so, to paraphrase, .......

.........one big like to each and everyone.

You have cheered me up no end.

Edited by BoD
  • Like 7

• RMweb Gold

Last night, whilst texting an address to my son, my iPhone decided that rather than "Homelea" as the name of my SiL's house, it preferred "Homeless"!!

I think the iPhone predictive speller always chooses something embarrassing wherever possible. Fortunately I have a Blackberry and that is quite restrained. I have to enter all of Aditi's relatives names into my computer dictionaries. The early versions of Wordperfect suggested that Aditi was "idiot" and I think it was Word that suggested "adios."

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Which does she prefer?

Word but with all the spelling and grammar assistance turned off! I have heard her in the past telling the computer it is stupid and how dare MS Word criticise her grammar or inform her that she should use shorter sentences. It was easier to deselect the option.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

I reckon Norway would be a place to get a lot of modelling done - bit dark outside in the winter and the television is awful. And if the beer is anything like Sweden's it's a cheap as gnat's p** and a damn sight weaker. Australia is nice if you don't mind the fauna but I don't think they do the adjust on UK pensions and the cost of housing and living is no longer the paradise it was once claimed to be.

Reasonable weather here so far, heavy rain promised for tomorrow. Off to Tesco shortly then more 'tidying' in anticipation of visitors arriving tomorrow.

Guest Max Stafford

I've always been drawn to Scandinavia. I like the way they do things there and even though it gets kind of nippy of a winter, I feel more comfortable in those kind of conditions than the dank, dreariness that we largely experience here. Beer and telly I can live without and as a matter of fact, my own telly's been on twice in two months; both times to watch a DVD. I did switch it on on Monday night but it wasn't working. Damned if I'm going to fork out several hundred for a replacement! I'm also rather pleased with Iceland's manner of dealing with errant financiers! :-)

• Like 1

Morning / Afternoon / Evening

Did that cover everyone ?

Good to see all are having fun.

Knackered (oops) after driving over 1000ks today and have the same to do tomorrow. Though the trip was made happier by the purchase of the last remaining tickets to the police ball. The joys of visiting elderly (ok ancient) parents for Christmas :)

Have a good day

• RMweb Premium

So many deserving posts this morning (and over the last couple of days) and not enough likes to go round so, to paraphrase, .......

.........one big like to each and everyone.

You have cheered me up no end.

I'd like to repeat that.

I eventually got to this post from reaing through a number of pages back this morning....and two more posts have since arrived at this point...and another....and another....

I think I've just blown my cover on the Song Title thread.

What a headline - must look into this one - when I get a chance ot [edit - I'm sure I didn't type that - gremlins on here, too?] to post this.

So you want to escape? You could move to Wales...can't guarantee warm weather or even dry sunny weather but the scenery's not bad, we have snow on the mountains, though it might be gone today with the (slight) rise in temperature and we've plenty of trains....and your pension won't be affected. What more can you want - unless you live in Wales......

We've also had Christmas puddings wrapped up in swaddling clothes on here.

Mum used to do that - stand china bowl on saucer in saucepan of water and steam for hours and hours and hours...

Our Christmas puds come in plastic bowl. Slices of said Christmas pud are microwaved for a minute each max .

New posts still coming in so better click the Post button before I find it's bedtime.

But before I do.

DD had a little poke at my name, partly the reason I went so many pages back to catch up.

We're talking Comfort, here, I take it. H0 H0 00000000000GGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH splat!

Wishing you all Southern comfort and joy - may add that to my Signature!

Edited by southern42
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

post-6765-0-16447400-1355915068.gif

Morning all ,

dank ,dismal , dreary , drab and wet . That is the weather forecast for today .

Another day where it had taken an hour to catch up on the late night and much to

early in the morning for me posts .

Keep em coming .

Now I better go and get the days necessities .

Have a good one all .

Edited for a second time to add the seasonal cartoon .

Edited by Sidecar Racer
  • Like 3

Kind of fancy Iceland or Norway myself.

Dave.

Kind of fancy Iceland or Norway myself.

Dave.

Spent time in Iceland when I was younger. There are four trees in the whole country.

Summer's are OK but in the Winter it doesn't get light until 11:30am then it's dark again by 2:30pm. It's no wonder that it has more alcoholics per capita than any other country in the World.

It does have the raw beauty of a slag heap though.

Best, Pete.

• Like 6

Frustrating day at work yesterday. Not expecting much better today and it now looks like I'll be having to work through the holiday too to get a new product launch moved forward a millimetre.

To finish the day off I finally isolated the cause of some contact dermatitis - I'd assumed it was stress - but in true tabloid headline tradition I can now announce:

"Hampshire man poisoned by posh jeans made abroad". Having looked at the lesions on my legs the colour didn't look too promising. It was when SWMBO announced: "That's what did for Auntie Aida, she was poisoned by the dye in her tights. Sent her mad." I was feeling a bit narked myself, but I'd put that down to asking tool makers for quotes. On reflection my legs did look a little off colour. 5 minutes scrubbing and a pool of blue water had formed in the sink. I won't say where I bought them, but the water wasn't just any blue, it was jean blue. Result, no more itching last night and the perfect excuse to wear my scruffy old jeans for as long as I want - on medical grounds!

de Nîmes.......de facto......de nude. :jester:

• Like 2

Afternoon all.

My first post didn't. Not sure what happened, but the green lights kept moving and not a lot else happened.

Having to try to negotiate a peace truce for Christmas between warring factions in our division at work. I have in my hand a piece of paper...

At least it's a short hump day for me, off for Christmas lunch with my old division, so the hump was about 11am...

Wishing you all Southern comfort and joy - may add that to my Signature!

Euuchhhh... can't bear even the smell of Southern Comfort... first drink that ever made me throw up... But thanks for the thought anyway! ;)

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Clever sig., Polly.

AAH, or is that 00?

You are so kind, DD.

I can only thank those of humour and goodwill on ER for that.

Thanks all.

Is it time for the violin, yet? violin_smiley.gif

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all.

My first post didn't. Not sure what happened, but the green lights kept moving and not a lot else happened.

Having to try to negotiate a peace truce for Christmas between warring factions in our division at work. I have in my hand a piece of paper...

At least it's a short hump day for me, off for Christmas lunch with my old division, so the hump was about 11am...

Euuchhhh... can't bear even the smell of Southern Comfort... first drink that ever made me throw up... But thanks for the thought anyway! ;)

I'm TT (tea total not test track or turn table - just to clarify according to RMweb rules).

But I'm sure you'll not object to a bit of Southern Railway comfort. H0 H0

• Like 2