Where can I buy a RSU?

I got mine from Swanage Models about 18 months ago, contact details are here: http://www.clag.org....s/supplier.html. Turn around was a couple of months and it was well worth the wait - dead pleased with mine.

Pix

Hi Pix,

I have already tried contacting them, at the e-mail given in the listing on CLAG, but it bounced...

Does anyone know if they are still in business?

Ralph ;)

Hi Pix,

I have already tried contacting them, at the e-mail given in the listing on CLAG, but it bounced...

Ralph ;)

They had a stand at the Gauge O Guild 'do' at Telford last month - my dad bought an RSU from them there. I don't think I have any contact details for them, but I'll ask him.

London Road Models also sell RSUs - I'm pretty sure they were advertised on their stand at York with a note to enquire for further details. Might be worth dropping them a line?

Hope this helps,

Andy

They were showing one on their stand at Aylesbury this year, and after a long conversation I bought it. It seems that they have restarted production but only on a small scale, best to contact them directly I believe they can be contacted through U K Modelshops site (can I say that here?)

Wally

Hi Pix,

Ralph ;)

I haven't seen Peter for a couple of weeks, but as far as I know he's still in business. Did you try ringing him?

He's due be at the Central Southern 0 Gauge bash at Wimborne on 24th October at the Allendale Centre if you can get there. Otherwise PM me with your contact details and I'll ask him to get in touch.

Phil

Hi,

I bought a RSU from London Road Models very recently at ExpoEM North. Priced at GBP150. As far as I know only LRM currently make them.

Not actually used it yet though.

London Road Models are still making and selling them, though only on a limited production "to demand".

I bought one last year, and it is a superb piece of kit.

You'll find their contact details here where their products are hosted on the Scalefour Society website.

There is also a template here to produce a label to stick on the front of it to tell you what voltage it will deliver.

HTH

Flymo

London Road Models are still making and selling them, though only on a limited production "to demand".

I bought one last year, and it is a superb piece of kit.

You'll find their contact details here where their products are hosted on the Scalefour Society website.

There is also a template here to produce a label to stick on the front of it to tell you what voltage it will deliver.

HTH

Flymo

Thanks Flymo!

Ralph ;)

Is it possible to download a copy of the instructions ? As I am not in the UK, I would prefer to read about it before jumping in and purchasing one.

gresley

Hi Gresley,

I was chatting with Jol at London Road Models about this a few weeks ago. He very kindly sent me pdf files to put on the Scalefour Society website, as a general help for modellers, as the Society gets a few questions like this.

I'm afraid that with Scaleforum, and the launch of our St Merryn book, I haven't had chance to write the web pages yet :-(

However, I do have the files, so attached are the official LRM instructions.

HTH

Flymo

RSU Instructions 2010.pdf

Jan 2010 instr diag.pdf

Hi Gresley,

I was chatting with Jol at London Road Models about this a few weeks ago. He very kindly sent me pdf files to put on the Scalefour Society website, as a general help for modellers, as the Society gets a few questions like this.

I'm afraid that with Scaleforum, and the launch of our St Merryn book, I haven't had chance to write the web pages yet :-(

However, I do have the files, so attached are the official LRM instructions.

HTH

Flymo

Flymo,

Many thanks for that.

gresley

Archived