Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Is Three Times A Month More Than Enough?

• RMweb Gold

I'm with you on that one johnb. I've recently built another layout to try to add a bit of variety. But, the new one is booked for Wirksworth 2011 so I will be exhibiting the older one at Wirksworth this weekend which was also at Kirkby last weekend. Of the four bookings that I have for next year the new layout will be at three of them!

See you there then - Summat Colliery is booked for Wirksworth 2011, although with the split site nature of the show we might not bump into each other!

So far I've exhibited at one, booked to do the same at another and was a visitor at York. Due to time and work and family commitments, it isn't likely to be a lot more next year. It's enough for me though.

My partner has zero interest in anything railway related, so I don't like to monopolise our free time with railway-related excursions.

• RMweb Premium

I think the most I have done is 4 consecutive weekends with three different layouts. At present I have 6 layouts which are pretty much mine (including some built with help from my friends). I am involved with another two (friends layouts but built with my help) plus I sometimes appear as an operator one other.

It seems to me that we attend certain shows regularly and when we leave, if the exhibition manager wants us back with something different we can usually manage it!

Before anybody brings up the subject, I am single and have been for over nine years and if that ever changes so will my involvement in model railways and exhibiting. Until then, my hobby and my friends keep me very busy and almost sane! Two more this year, Wakefield and Wigan, both lovely shows to do as either an exhibitor or a punter.

Before anybody brings up the subject, I am single and ... if that ever changes so will my involvement in model railways and exhibiting.

I sometimes think that if I'd known in advance the Interweb was coming, and how easy it would make getting involved in Exhibitions without the need to be in a Club, I might just possibly have stayed single... :rolleyes: <_< :D

Some of us don't use the term "SWMBO" lightly... :unsure:

...oh and naturally I'd have had a lot more money available to spend on models, too.... ;)

I have to get on a plane to do it....

and even then it's once or maybe twice a year - and it's in the cold*

I'll get me coat

F

* months that is

p.s. I have yet to see anything remotely resembling a "proper" model railway exhibition around here, hence the importance to me of Warley and - if possible - St Albans and the EM show!

I can honestly say that I am never going to do three shows in three weeks again! With work and family commitments, routine maintenance to perform and set up for three shows there just aren't enough hours in the day to do everything. I give mucho thanks to Jack from MMRG who assisted on the Saturday at Kirkby and on both days at Wirksworth. Next year I'm spacing the shows out. At the moment I've got Mansfield (March) Belper (April) Derby (May) Ruddington (Aug) and Wirksworth (Oct) so 2011, on paper, looks a lot more manageable!

So you've answered your own OP, then... :D :D :D

S'pose I have:blink: . The point I was trying to get across was, if invited, to be more circumspect in accepting. I really thought that three in a row would be a 'breeze'! I must be getting old!:lol: :lol:

Archived