If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

Greetings & apologies!

grandadbob

• RMweb Gold

Hello Everybody,

I signed up to the forum over a year ago & have made 1 post but have never introduced myself formally so profuse apologies.

I come from the so called "baby boomer" generation & spent my early years in Herts,Beds & Hunts so I suspect that you can guess where

my main railway interests lie!

The "layout" I'm attempting to build is based on BR 50's to early 60's Eastern & Midland Region. Having said that I've got an LMS Stanier tank

& a couple of GWR Pannier tanks together with umpteeen pristine PO coal & oil tankers (because I like them) so it's not particularly prototypical.

I say "layout" because I think that having seen what most of you guys are building mine is more of a glorified trainset but I'm using it as a

learning curve.

The main reason for my lack of posts is because every time I think of a question to ask,(& there have been dozens), I've usually found the answer

here without too much difficulty so many thanks to everyone who has unknowingly helped me.

Regards

Bob.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Grandad Bob

Welcome to the forum.

Maybe some of your queries that you have found

the answer to before asking may crop up here.

Where you will be able to impart your knowledge.

John

Hello John,

Many thanks for your kind welcome & reply but I think you may have misunderstood me. All my queries had already been asked on here by others so this is where I gained my very limited knowledge. Quite frankly what I know about railway modelling is extremely basic indeed.

I think it will be a long time before I'm capable of passing on any pearls of wisdom.

Regards

Bob.

Archived