RMweb

Gaugemaster Prodigy read back problems

Apex

Hello,

Bought the Gaugemaster Prodigy advanced today and been playing with it and already cock something up. I have got the Hornby sound fitted which is not not responding. I have tried trying to read back the address and just comes back with - - - -. I have also tried reading back other locos and the same thing happens. Any clues? i was playing with cv 18 and changed it 3105 if that helps.

Many Thanks,

Tom

• RMweb Premium

Tom

Are you trying this on an isolated programme track? The ---- display just suggests it can't find anything you're not trying to read on the main track are you? You could also try to programme it with an address and see if it then responds, again you will need a prog track for this. Not sure what CV18 and the value you quote is all about, but you always do a factory reset and see if that helps.

Tom

Are you trying this on an isolated programme track? The ---- display just suggests it can't find anything you're not trying to read on the main track are you? You could also try to programme it with an address and see if it then responds, again you will need a prog track for this. Not sure what CV18 and the value you quote is all about, but you always do a factory reset and see if that helps.

How do you perform a factory reset?

Hi Tom.

Firstly have you wires coming out of the green plug.

One side to power track other for programming.

What you have to make sure is that the programming track

is isolated from main track.

If you have'nt and had both wired to same track you can burn out the programming mode.

As I found out.

Resetting your loco to factory you have to go to CV8 and enter 8 this should reset decoder.

If you have the manual it tells you how to check if there's power from programming mode.

Hope some of the above is of help.

John

The long loco address is split between 2 CV's and most can only store 8 bit data ie 0-255.

If as mentioned above loco is on a dedicated prog track the PA in read mode will give you the address.

Personnaly I'd not do a reset on sound chips as some you might loose some of the programmed sound functions - still on chip just not linked to functions.

.....So bye bye gaugemaster hello power cab wireless.

Where are you based?

The PowerCab wireless isn't legal for EU countries, although it's OK in N. America and Oz.

If you're in the UK, no NCE retailer will be able to supply you anyway.

Archived