00 Gauge RHTT

I am thinking of scratch building a Network Rail RHTT Train (the wagons), I have the Model Rail Magazine which has the measurements in but I can't remember which one it is, Please can you help. If anyone has made one before please let me know if a novice could make one

S Kits produce the FEA Wagon and the Tanks and pumping equipment to fit on the wagons but you need to ring Brian to sort out the prices and availability.

Or phone S kits directly.

S Kits do the FEA single flats as an etched brass kit (I've built two) or you could compromise and use a Dapol FEA, which is not exactly the same, but might have enough of a family resembalance to do the job.

They also do a resin and whitemetal kit for the tanks, you might consider swapping the tank barrel/ends for a cut down Airfix 35t tank as the whitemetal ends put weight a bit high up. I believe that S Kits also do the control modules, but I can't remember if its the same as the SJR product, or if S Kits did their own.

Jon

• 2 years later...

I've had a few frame castings lying around since my last resin demo, so as a little fill in job, I've been chopping up airfix 35T tanks to provide the barells, here are three, two prepped for the next skim of filler, and the third showing signs of its origins, awaiting the sandpaper treatment.

post-336-0-13061500-1377528329.jpg

Jon

Archived