Replica Railways Website.

5Bel

Guest dilbert

It's good to see movement into to c20 technology... And now to the last potential bastion of resistance ...

Calling Wild Swan Publications - is there anyone out there ?:P...dilbert

Hi All,

Replica Railways now have a website. It is www.replicarailways.co.uk. As an avid consumer of their parts, this is really good news. No connection to the company, just a satisfied customer.

Cheers for now, Ian

Thanks, Ian - I'm glad you posted this news! I've just used the link - works perfectly, and some fascinating items listed!

Just what I needed! I know plenty of people think there are far better RTR coaches, etc, but I've got a soft spot for Mainline/Replica Mark 1's etc, and their 'bits and bobs' (spares and replacement parts) are perfect for my (non-)skill level and eyesight in attempting to improve some of my old stock.

Hi All,

Replica Railways now have a website. It is www.replicarailways.co.uk. As an avid consumer of their parts, this is really good news. No connection to the company, just a satisfied customer.

Cheers for now, Ian

Great news, Ian :good_mini: . I've only just / recently, spoken to some of their team, and, surprisingly, the topic of a website beckoning, never entered our conversation. Although the future is now with us...., I will miss Replica's elusive presence.......

Cheers

P.S. Well Done Replica :coolclear:, for keepin' on, keepin' on.:good_mini: .

Guest Belgian

It's nice to see one can buy the parts to assemble the BR mk 1 suburban coaches whilst the RTR versions aren't available (but it seems they are considerably more expensive than the assembled ones!!!!).

Guest baldrick25

Some nice little PDF's for download, - click the button at the top of the homepage..

Ta for the original link- great.

Perhaps this should be in 'Model Shops', but I read about the website on here, Monday evening, spoke to a very helpful and polite gentleman on Tuesday to ask about the availability of the items I wanted (as the website suggests). I was told,that they were in stock and would be posted on Wednesday. Sure enough, they arrived in Friday's post.

Well done, Replica, and thanks! Without the website, I probably wouldn't have bothered looking for some (quite old) Replica items :D

I told the gentleman that I'd found the website as it was being mentioned in 'RM Web' and he was pleased about this. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Well done, Replica, and thanks! Without the website, I probably wouldn't have bothered looking for some (quite old) Replica items :D

I agree, the Replical Railways are a great people to do business with. If it wasn't for the link given in this thread I would have missed some very useful items.:good_mini:

The company history is fascinating, who knew they had planned a class 303, 311, 314 and 318? being a Scotrail fan i Where would we have been today if Replica's 5 year plan came to fruition? 5 year plan

See how close we came to a Dukedog!! A few locos propsed here took along time before a RTR version turned up.

• 1 year later...

Perhaps a bit OT for their website but without starting a new topic can anyone tell me if their bogies, particularly Mk 1 [RA03] , have the same fixing method as Lima, i.e. are they interchangeable? Also the wheels they list [ RA203] have 25.5mm axles but the bogie kits take 26mm, I think they would work though....any comments on this?

Archived