New - ESU LokPilot V4.0

I don't know if this of use to anyone ?....

Not yet on the ESU website, but I heard about it on another forum.

edit: Now on the ESU website.

ESU have released details of the latest improved version of their LokPilot decoder...V4.0

Amongst the improvements and additions are a smaller size, addition of Lenz ABC, 5th generation motor load control (first seen on the LokSound Select and expected to be on the LokSound V4.++), facilities for operation of DCC couplers and the ability to connect a Power Pack energy store, similar to the Zimo arrangement, or Lenz Power 1 & 3.

Price has been reduced too, e.g. 8-pin DCC only version available at approx. €23.98

Sadly, with this new model they've stuck with only 4 function outputs, whereas Lenz have gone to 5 and Zimo to 6 & 8 on similar priced competing products; however the range of functionality has increased.

This is the first ESU decoder to sport a PluX connector, but this option is only available on the multi-protocol version at present.

There are 6-pin, 8-pin, 21-pin and PluX12 - apart from the latter, all are available in either multi-protocol (DCC, MM, Selectrix), or DCC-only versions.

There's no word yet on the expected new version of their LokSound decoder

ESU flyer here....

ESU LokPilot V4.0

More details here....

LokPilot V4.0 DCC LokPilot V4.0 multi protocol (DCC, Marklin/Motorola, Selectrix)

It went up on the ESU web site yesterday (Friday). The manual has been published but so far only in german.

You could attach a storage capacitor to the LokPilot 3.0 21 pin version, the manual gave the connections and advice on the capacitor sizes.

The Lokpilot 4.0 21 pin version has 6 function outputs, but only if you buy the relevant adaptor board 51968, (be careful there are two variants in adaptor board), as outputs 5 & 6 are unpowered logic switching only without the adaptor board, same as the Lokpilot 3.0 21 pin version.I believe.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Only drawback then is that € 23.98 converts as £28.00 on the only UK site I can find so far !

It should translate to around £20.30.

The price you've seen must be the result of the usual UK mark-up on pricing.

Answer = if located in the UK, order from mainland Europe. It's no different than ordering from Liverpool or Sheffield and there are no importation or duty issues as it's domestic EU trade.

Archived