Model Railroader December 2010

DavidB-AU

Hi David,

Though I model UK prototype, a friend lent me his copy of Model Railroader some time back with Rod Stewart's layout in it. It is very impressive and will look forward to seeing it in the newsagency and maybe borrowing the next issue to read through. May be we will see other celebraty's layouts in the future. I hope to see "The Gresley Beat", an 1930's LNER layout in the UK which Roger Dawltry worked on in 2011. Pete Waterman's Leamington Spa has been in Railway Modeller and Model Rail.

Mark in Bendigo OZ

• RMweb Gold

My issue arrived yesterday. It's a good read, not just with Rod's layout but also a very nice 3x7 N scale one that belies its small size.

Rod deserves credit, too - I'm pretty sure this is the first time the word "Bollock" has appeared in Model Railroader.

Listened to an interview with Rod Stewart on Radio 2 one evening recently, and the 'female' interviewing him waited until the end and asked him about his 'train set'.

In true Rod style, he told her in no uncertain terms it was a 'not a train set, but a scale model railroad' and he then mentioned that he would be featured in the December 2010 Model railroader 'the model railroader's bible' and that he has a group of friends around to help him operate, as (i) the layout is so large, and (ii) he doesn't know how to operate it due to the lights, sounds etc (obviously DCC !).

He mentioned other railway modellers of his acquaintance, Neil YOUNG, Phil. COLLINS and Jools HOLLAND (of whose layout he was impressed).

What a role model,drinks, loves football, has a long leggy blonde wife, a few bob in the bank AND a railway modeller !

Brian R

Archived