Flying Scotsman USA Tour 1969 Train Pack - Limited Edition to 2000! *New for 2010!*

GaryHN

This was announced with all the other 2010 new items last year.

It looks like a good value pack with a double tender A3 and the Pullman observation car. The previous limited edition Scotsman (Australian tour)I think was sold out in pre orders (at Hattons at least), so this one could go quickly too.

What I would like is a good model of the late 60s 4472 as running in the UK - Apple green, A3 boiler, cut down tender back and finescale second tender. There were only a few additions made to 4472 before the USA tour, all of which should be separate or removeable fittings on the model in the train pack, so this could be an easily adaptable model, but it would be good to see the actual model before buying. This of course is tricky if it needs to be pre ordered.

Does anybody have any further information on this train pack - and a release date?

Hi Ed,

It is in the current 2010 catalogue and is the current model with loco drive. However it is modelled on the Flying Scotsman as it was in the early 1970's when it was in the USA.

I have the model as it was in the 1980's, 1988 in fact when it came to Australia for the bi-centenary (200 years). and also have the Flying Fox in LNER green and A3 Windsor Lad in BR Green. All excellent models compared to the old Tender drive model.

Mark in OZ

Archived