I am thinking about fitting sound chips in my steam locos

bu am having some difficulty in locating a sound chip for my fairburn

anyone know if there is one about

if not specificly for the fairburn, one that could pass

rgds

Mike

Guest 838rapid

Might I suggest Howes.

They may have some Generic sounds that could sound the part.

Certainly the First place I would try.

Satisfied customer here

Evenin'

You should be aiming for a two cylinder loco, the prototype of which used a Stanier hooter as the Fairburns did. This will always be a defining feature! Howes 8F/Black 5 or SWD LMS Ivatt should fit the bill with 4 beats per cycle synched to match. Howes would be a good choice with the extra features like groaning rail, loose wagon buffer-clash etc.

Steve

Howes do indeed do a sound chip for a Fairburn as i have one of the tanks that is being fitted with a working light. Will post footage of it when its finished and back in my hands but the person doing the work for me is also borrowing it for a while on his demo stand. Would be a very accurate set up for the engine so dont doubt it sounds brilliant.

I have just had my Fairburn done with Howes latest Black 5 project. Best I've ever heard. Stanier hooter, blower, flange squeal, sleeper groan. Best of all, though, on over run, which is very easy to control, you get the tinkle of the Walschaerts valve gear with just a hint of rod clank. On constant load you can also have the drain cocks blowing in time with the exhaust. Magic! Usual disclaimer. Trevor

• 4 weeks later...

Howes do indeed do a sound chip for a Fairburn as i have one of the tanks that is being fitted with a working light. Will post footage of it when its finished and back in my hands but the person doing the work for me is also borrowing it for a while on his demo stand. Would be a very accurate set up for the engine so dont doubt it sounds brilliant.

David did you ever get your Fairburn back? would love to see a demo of the sound.

Regards

Pete

• 3 weeks later...

Archived