03 Sound decoder options

Gilbert

• RMweb Gold

I've seen videos of the Howes version of the 03 sound chip and it seems quite good but has anyone heard the SWD version - I'm pretty sure they do one - or any other version? Howes are out of stock atm and I'd like to get on with it if there are suitable alternatives - I could buy a micro and ask Howes to reblow - what advice is there out there for suitable sources of "blank" ESU Loksound Micros?

Thanks

Chris

Howes are in and out of stock of sound decoders as often as the tides come in and out! If the website shows Out Of Stock don't always take that as gospel. They only hold blanks and then Brian blows them as required.

• RMweb Gold

Howes are in and out of stock of sound decoders as often as the tides come in and out! If the website shows Out Of Stock don't always take that as gospel. They only hold blanks and then Brian blows them as required.

Thanks but I did ring (with credit card in hand) and they are due in about 2 weeks.

I've seen videos of the Howes version of the 03 sound chip and it seems quite good but has anyone heard the SWD version - I'm pretty sure they do one - or any other version? Howes are out of stock atm and I'd like to get on with it if there are suitable alternatives - I could buy a micro and ask Howes to reblow - what advice is there out there for suitable sources of "blank" ESU Loksound Micros?

Thanks

Chris

I have a couple of Bachmann Brass O gauge shunters - an 03 and an 04 - they both have SWDs 03 ESU chip in them, and I think the sound is excellent.

Chaz

• 1 month later...

I have a couple of Bachmann Brass O gauge shunters - an 03 and an 04 - they both have SWDs 03 ESU chip in them, and I think the sound is excellent.

Chaz

Hi Chris,

Sorry to hijack the thread slightly - which chip did you use for the O gauge 03 Chaz? The standard Loksound or the Loksound XL and how easy/hard was it to fit in the Bachmann?

Cheers

Rich

Hi Chris,

Sorry to hijack the thread slightly - which chip did you use for the O gauge 03 Chaz? The standard Loksound or the Loksound XL and how easy/hard was it to fit in the Bachmann?

Cheers

Rich

Hi Rich,

Have used Loksound in Bachmann 04 with dual speakers one base reflex a doddle to fit masses of room. Sound by SWD I like it

Terry

Archived