Eastenders Monday 1st November

Nobby (John)

According to the latest TV guide Monday 1st Novembers episode of Eastenders includes Janine ( whoever she is;) ) Ryan and a baby stuck in a car on a level crossing as a train hurtles towards them and they frantically try to escape ( magazines words, not mine!! ).

Anyone know where this may have been recorded?

I guess most people on here didn't watch but were busy modelling! I was working as my wife watched so I didn't really follow the story (bit of a non-story by the looks of it!). From what I saw the characters seemed to somehow have ended up crossing the line by some kind of derelict-looking signal box as a class 31 with an interesting collection of odd wagons "hurtled" by! Very realistic situation - or not!!

Being pedantic - IIRC it was a 4-gated crossing - which means it wouldn't have been an automatic crossing, which means the person monitoring it wouldn't have cleared the route for the train...all very dramatic but not especially realistic. ;)

It's nice we can rely on the telly for some classic traction though. :D

Lovely to see a 31 hurtling along but, as Peter mentioned, a bonkers set of wagons being towed. I'm not that up on my wagon types but I spotted a sealion, a plate wagon and some sort of lowmac (and as I said them out loud I got 'that' look from the other end of the sofa... :lol: ).

as I said them out loud I got 'that' look from the other end of the sofa... :lol: .

Excellent! I got a similar look for commenting on the unrealistic nature of the situation. To most people I suppose it's just a train!

I find it so frustrating, that film/TV producers will go to great lengths to get a scene "just right" but when it comes to a railway scene, any old train will do.

Londons Burning was a regular offender, though Casualty seemed to make more of an effort.

Andy

• RMweb Gold

I find it so frustrating, that film/TV producers will go to great lengths to get a scene "just right" but when it comes to a railway scene, any old train will do.

Londons Burning was a regular offender, though Casualty seemed to make more of an effort.

Andy

Ere what you looking at you plonker etc. etc. etc. :lol:

Leave it out sunshine... it was probably better quality than the rest of the show ;)

NB no offence - I'm really very polite :)

• 1 month later...

Archived