Traction goes Bi_Monthly

Davidjsmith

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

Thanks for all the comments so far, both good and bad, I can never complain that I don't get feedback!

Beast - I'm happy to publish any photos or articles, if you'd like to send some over, the only thing I may not be able to tell you is exactly when!

As far as the 'special' goes, unlike the annual it won't be free to subscribers, but will be sold to subscribers at a fair discount.

Regards

Richard

The only question I have is about the 'extra' special publications mentioned in the Bi-monthly announcement.

Are these part of the subscription price (like the annual is? ie compensation for the effective reduction in pages over a 2 month period (was 128 now 72).

My subscription payments have gone down as a result of the switch to bi-monthly, so I don't think compensation is needed, as the payments are less?

Richard,

Very good latest issue, much enjoyed it.

• 3 weeks later...

I enjoyed the annual especially the Cliff Hill ballast workings and I also very much enjoyed the Parkandallick Branch and Grand Day Out articles.

I thought the choice of model layout was very good also.

I personally don't feel that you are doing anything wrong and in fact some of my favourite articles have been since you taken over especially the acetic acid special in your first issue.

From what I gather David Brown was a very respected man and a great editor so following in his footsteps was going to be hard but I feel that you have done a very good job and that although a couple of the images in the magazine were a little grainy and overexposed, on the whole the annual and previous issues have been well laid out and very good.

Honestly I don't think too many like the HST's as some don't think of them as proper traction, but personally very little to criticise.

I think a deserved well done from me!

regards,

Lukasz

Archived