Bachmann 37 425 Pride of the Valleys

tractor_37260

Hi,

Where abouts do they sell this as I have not seen any or knew they did 425 :O

Cheers

James

Bromsgrove Models do it, EU621 OO/HO scale 21-pin decoder, http://www.bromsgrov...?categoryId=121 and the service they give is fantastic ;)

The manual is here http://www.bromsgrov...k_And_white.pdf

Think I got the wrong end of the stick here :blink:

Hi JamesB 34067,

37425 if available from Geoffrey Allison's.

Weblink here: 37425 Pride Of The Valleys

Scroll down the page, where 37425 is shown. Also, they have their ViTrains 37s (37403, 37406, 37412 and 37413), all in Revised Blue.

I have no link with GA but have purchased a 37425 from them without troubles in the past.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

Ixion.

Hi JamesB 34067,

for me, the model looks OK. However, I couldn't really comment heavily on details or discrepencies. I am sure there must be photos either here, or on the internet somewhere. However, if I get a chance at some point, I may be able to take some.

For interest, were you aware that Hereford Model Centre also do 37426 'Vale of Rheidol' in Revised Blue (Item #32-381W)?

Go to the Online Shop and search for 37426

This, and 37425, have been available for sometime. Hereford have advertised it in the model magazines, ever since they released it, along with a Welsh Class 108 and Virgin 57.

Sorry I cannot really comment much but if it helps, I will try to take some photos?

Cheers,

Ixion.

Anyone confirm if Bach 37 425 "Pride of the Valleys" came fitted with an 8 or 21pin chassis ?

TIA

Ken

product code 32-381X - 37 425 is a 21 pin model

Mine has an 8 pin decoder.

A good recent photo can be found here: 37 425 @ Inverness It has had the horns moved down.

A slightly older photo can be found here: 37 425 @ Cardiff

IMHO the GA model is pretty good, although as with all models there is a little room for improvement. eg. you could add the overhead electric warnings on the nose.

Hi JamesB 34067 & all,

as requested, here are some photos of the Geoffrey Allison 37425. I have not taken the body off, so cannot confirm 8 or 21 pin socket.

1st Side View

post-6532-097582700 1288902552_thumb.jpg

2nd Side View

post-6532-046480400 1288902570_thumb.jpg

1st End Side View

post-6532-055984300 1288902586_thumb.jpg

2nd Side End View

post-6532-018289100 1288902602_thumb.jpg

Side Nose View

post-6532-088500600 1288902615_thumb.jpg

Side/Front Nose View

post-6532-099148600 1288902628_thumb.jpg

I hope they are of use in helping you decide. Personally, I'm happy with mine :) <-- Told you so!!

Cheers,

Ixion

Hi again!

Putting the model away, I checked the instruction sheet and it states that the loco is fitted with an 8 pin NMRA/NEM DCC socket.

Also supplied are the nameplates:

'Pride of the Valleys' & 'Balchder y Cymoedd' - one side requiring Welsh, the other English.

Finally, the Limited Edition certificate has a textual description of the loco's history on one side and on the other, a photo of it on a Virgin coach train, along with the certificate numbering and stating that this is Limited Edition No. 12. It would appear to be inkjet printed on paper - perhaps not quite so flashy as some.

Cheers,

Ixion.

• RMweb Gold

Thank you all for the replys not sure what one to get though :unsure: either http://www.trainsontime.co.uk/37425-pride-valleys-class-large-logo-livery-p-3935.html or http://www.modelrail.freeserve.co.uk/ whats your one like from Geoffrey Allison's Ixion. ?

Cheers

james

One thing to note James is that 37425 was not one of the original Welsh 37/4s from the 1980s. So if you model a particular period that might effect your decision. As you can see from the photos of 37425 it has the later warning flashes as its much more recent than the original ones.

Some interesting posts/replys ! Looks as if an 8 pin chassis was fitted as supplied. Note: This Bach L/Edition 37 is sold out at Geofrey Alisons, however eBay seller "trainsontime" has both pristine and weathered versions up for sale on eBay.

37 425 was originally a West Highland line stalwart as "CONCRETE BOB/SIR ROBERT MACALPINE"

Ken

Hi All ,

@ Ixion, Thanks for posting the pictures it does look a good model im guessing its the same 37/4 bodyshell as EWS livery 37411 Ty Hafan as I have that one , also does it come with snowploughs

@ BR Blue, No my layout is based on a made up preserved 21st century railway with mix of Steam & Diesel

@ Tractor_37260, So they are sold out at Geofrey Alisons though they say they still got them on there website if so it then looks like it have to be trainsontime but I cant see them on ebay only on there website as I like to see a weathered version though I could email them to do it like the real thing now where ever it is.

Cheers

James

Hi James,

37425 came with a detail bag, containing:

Front pipework

ETH jumper cables with orange connectors

Yellow snowploughs for each end (middle + two sides) :D

Glad the photos were of help. I'll have to let you decide if the body is the same as 37411 from the photos but I expect you are probably right. According to Ramsay's guide, 37425 (Geoffrey Allison) was made in 2006 and 37411 (EWS 'Ty Hafan') was made in 2007 - so it's possible it may well use the same body if it was part of a larger production run of bodyshells, perhaps?

I would suggest calling Geoffrey Allison, if you have not done so already. I also vaguely recall another shop selling them at one point. It might have been Rails, though I suspect they probably sold out of theirs.

Cheers,

Ixion.

Hi Ixion.

Its only the two side snowploughs I do as I use the middle for the couplings both ends, I try and fit the Front pipework & ETH jumper cables with orange connectors but its a b*gger of a job :laugh_mini2: Yeah I ring Geoffrey Allison first before I order it from the other site,

Cheers

James

Interesting - the Trainsontime photos show this has a later nose moulding with the improved central headlight (more relief) whereas Ixion's photos clearly show the original moulding (used on the original 'revised' 37/4 moulding EWS 37411 Ty Hafen and the Transrail 37/5). Is this the reason behind some being 8 pin and these TOT ones being 21pin? However I can't really believe that Bachmann did two batches of a limited edition.

Hi JamesB 34067,

I noticed an advert for Trains On Time in some of the recent railway magazines. They do several different numbered class 37s, of which 37425 is in the same list. Although they do not say on the website that 37425 is renumbered, they do for others. So it is my guess that it is a renumbered version and not the original Geoffrey Allison Limited Edition. However, as always advised, see what they say themselves. Plus, unless you are specifically after the Limited Edition, there's every reason for still going for one. :D

Hope that answers some uncertainties!

Cheers,

Ixion.

Got an email back and very helpful it is

Hi James,

Thank you for your question regarding the class 37 Bodyshells we have for sale.

We purchased a large quantity of them from Geoffrey Allison who

commission the limited editions from Bachmann, they commissioned a run

of 500 Pride of the Valleys plus an additional 500 bodyshells for

renumbering and renaming but did not get round to doing anything with

them.

We have renamed around 160 so far with the black headcodes for the

Scottish locos and plan to do another 160, though paint the headcodes

yellow to give us more options for names and numbers.

We use the latest Bachmann locos 'Saltire Society & David Lloyd

George' as donor locos removing the bodyshells and replacing them with

the BR Blue ones that we have renumbered giving the customer a brand

new BR Blue Large Logo loco with the latest 21 pin DCC ready

chassis,cab lights, latest new style box and detailing pack with snow

ploughs.

The surplus Saltire Society & David LLoyd George bodyshells have also

been renamed and renumbered with etched nameplates fitted giving us

around 8 different named locos in Railfreight Distribution and

Petroleum Liverys.

The BR Blue Bodyshells are the latest type with opening cab doors, cab

lights and brass contacts in the nose for directional lighting, they