RMweb

dcc electro points

can some one please help me. i am building a dcc layout using elect peco points and i would like to know how to wire up so that when the point is switched over there is still power to the loco on the other track my points are 100 code some are old and some are the new ones i am using a bus bar for power

• RMweb Premium

can some one please help me. i am building a dcc layout using elect peco points and i would like to know how to wire up so that when the point is switched over there is still power to the loco on the other track my points are 100 code some are old and some are the new ones i am using a bus bar for power

Have a quick search on RMWEB, this has been brought up & discussed many times.

N.B. This post would be better in DCC questions.

Keith

To answer your specific post, you run dropper wires from your bus to every section of rail regardless of whether there is a point attached to it or not. The object and a DCC need is to run unswitched and uninterrupted power to every rail on the layout so that every loco is standing on powered rail.

Switching frogs on Peco Electrofrog has been discussed many times on here and everywhere else and the two links you have here will cover that.

Just to cover all the bases, it is unwise to rely on using the point blades to transmit power (howls of protest from stage left methinks) and very unwise to allow the sidings to go dead due to changing the point.

Archived