LIMA CLASS 31 BODYSHELL

James of this parish has put together a very useful thread on this very subject:

Here tis... ClicketyLink

It is worth noting that he hasn't grafted the body straight on to the Hornby chassis but it should give you some food for thought.

Thanks Matt

I acquired a Dutch Lima 31 for £20 - A total respray wire handrails etched bits flushglazed weathered an absolute peach of a job on an inferior chassis...... :mellow:

I've managed it with a Lima Regional Railways body. The central glazing unit needed to be removed. I drilled a few holes in the side of the Hornby chassis for the Lima clips to hold on. I didn't bother with lighting as the chassis did not have working lights in the first place.

.......so absolutely NO "chassis chewing" at all then Jon?:huh: I like the sound of that.

Right here we go. Modifications to the chassis are shown. There are three lugs on each side of the Lima body, ony the central one needs holding in place as the Hornby chassis is not as 'fat' where the other two are. The chassis has been drilled (not all the way throught the metal) as shown in the centre

post-1105-046193400 1289079526_thumb.jpg

On the right the silvery part shows where the end of the chassis has been filed as the chassis is slightly too tight for the body. The only modification to the Lima body is the central glazing section as shown on the left.

post-1105-047199100 1289079531_thumb.jpg

Finally the loco as it is.

post-1105-052904200 1289079518_thumb.jpg

Not perfect but it does for me. The Lima paintwork is good and not surprisingly it matches the Lima mark 2's that I run it with.

Archived