BR in the 80's & 90's

Another collection of photos made at Knottingley & Ferrybridge 11-07-1988 have just been added to my "BR in the 80's & 90's" gallery.

http://www.rmweb.co....album&album=348

Locos noted at Knottingley are, outside, 56 071 & 56 098, inside, 56 080 & 56 110.

08's stored are, 08 701, 08 309, 08 056, 08 206, 08 776 plus one I couldn't see the number off.

Locos & Dmu's seen passing Ferrybridge are;

56 069, 56 003, 56 054 51834 & 52072, 31 227 56 013, 56 054, 56 085, 78961 & 78711

Only 31 227 wasn't photographed.

Thanks for looking,

K9-70

Loving all the 225 shots from Leeds - do you have anything from Edinburgh / Scottish East Coast?

Thanks

Hi Tom,

There's a lot more 225's images from the Leeds/Doncaster area to scan when I get time.

Nothing from the East Coast north of York i'm afraid.

I've been to Edinburgh a few times but never managed to make any photos.

The four images posted to my album where made by my mate who borrowed my camera when his camera packed up.

The problem was, the other 20 images he made where heavily under-exposed, and no amount of work in photoshop can make them presentable.

K9-70

Thanks, seeing more of these great shots would be fantastic.

I once went with my Dad to Kyle of Lochalsh on the train, with a sleeper journey in addition to Intercity 125's and 225's. If only I'd had a decent camera at the time - but I was only 9!

Hi Tom,

I've added a few more images from Doncaster 27-03-1989. What was interesting (to me), was to photo the buffer fitted Class 43 with a 91 at the rear in passenger service. As I said earlier, I have more photos of the 225's working with the HST's on test and in passenger service.

K9-70

York, what have they done to it?

On my last visit to York, 07-88 all the tracks where in place and no signs of the electrification arriving at York yet.

When I visited York 03-89 it was a shock to see that the through lines through the station had been removed and electrification posts stood in their place. At the London end of the station, most of the cross-overs had gone or out of use. The changes are a comin' and I didn't like them.

A selection of images have been added to the BR in the 80's & 90's album, more will follow tomorrow.

http://www.rmweb.co....album&album=348/

Thanks for looking

K9-70

Hey K9-70,

I've just seen your pictures of Manchester Victoria from 1991, very interesting indeed. If you've not already seen it, I've started building a model of Manchester Victoria (see my sig) so these photos like these are a great help in achieving that, so thanks for posting them.

Regards,

Carl.

Hey K9-70,

I've just seen your pictures of Manchester Victoria from 1991, very interesting indeed. If you've not already seen it, I've started building a model of Manchester Victoria (see my sig) so these photos like these are a great help in achieving that, so thanks for posting them.

Regards,

Carl.

Hi Carl,

Glad you found the photos will be useful to you when building your layout.

Sorry I didn't make more photos, and never thought about photo'ing the 504's either.

I'll have a few to post from Manchester Piccadilly later as soon as I get them scanned.

Best regards

K9-70

Archived