00 gauge HST barrier coaches

Firstly ive been searching high and low for ahst barrier coach and no luck so i may have to keep hold of a mk2 coach and convert one myself, i have tried to board up windows and it came out messy so im reluctant to try again, if anyone has tips on how to do this sucessfully?

• RMweb Gold

Firstly ive been searching high and low for ahst barrier coach and no luck so i may have to keep hold of a mk2 coach and convert one myself, i have tried to board up windows and it came out messy so im reluctant to try again, if anyone has tips on how to do this sucessfully?

What company is it for?

The western region/GWT/First Great Western use 3 mk1 BGs and a Mk2a BFK for their barrier coaches (tons of photos of them on fotopic.)

The easiest way to model them is with a set of etched panels to glue over the windows, and a plate over the corridor connection from plasticard. Theres some information on my workbench on the old rmweb. Etches will be available in the next couple of weeks, and similar parts are in development for the BFK.

For some of the other mk1 varients I think Hurst Models do some complete etched sides for the Porterbrook version.

The alternative is to carefully cut out the window plates separately from plasticard, and glue them on. But given you say you didnt get on with that method, I'd recomend going the etched route.

(of course I would say that given I designed the etches, but I honestly wouldnt recommend something if I didnt believe in it.)

Archived