Diesel and Electric Pre Tops

Guest 838rapid

Guest 838rapid

Sounds like there is something for everyone.

copied from the website.

Highlights: Newport in 1965, including a shot of D9509 on driver training; A selection of Sulzer-powered locos around Swinton in Yorkshire in 1964; Wath, with EE Type 3s, Brush Type 2s & 4s, Peaks, and an EE Type 4 on inter-Regional services; A selection of ‘Hymeks’ in action; Fascinating footage from Cambridge depot in 1959, including Cravens DMUs and a BRCW Type 2; Guildford depot in 1966; Tinsley just after opening; An EM2 at Sheffield and EM1s on tour, including the pioneer Tommy; A 4-SUB unit at Wandsworth Road; D200 in 1959; EE Type 3 and Brush Type 2s in East Anglia; Deltics on named expresses at Doncaster; D221 before naming in 1960; Incredible scenes from Swindon Works, showing a Warship on test, Westerns under construction and NBL hydraulics moving by overhead crane; BRCW Type 3s at work on the Southern; Prototypes 10000 and 10201; A BTH Type 1 at Buntingford; Warships, Westerns, NBL hydraulics and Blue Pullmans at work on the Western . . . and lots more.

http://www.visionsinternational.biz/html/_before_tops.html

Think I have found this years Xmas prezzie to myself.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

Has anbody seen this DVD yet?

Is it as good as the website suggests?

What's the the video quality like - factory pressing or DVD-R ?

Looks good but I've been disappointed in the past by buying 'off plan' as it were.

Regards,

Andy.

Archived