Silver Fox Models

Craig G

I have just had a look on the Silver Fox website and seen they have released a number of new products, the main two I am interested in being the DBSO and PCV, however looking at the pictures the quality doesn't look brilliant and the prices seem rather steep.

I was therefore wondering if anyone has bought any of the new releases and could give me their opinions on them please.

Many thanks, Craig.

• RMweb Gold

the quality doesn't look brilliant and the prices seem rather steep.

I was therefore wondering if anyone has bought any of the new releases and could give me their opinions on them please.

Many thanks, Craig.

1. Quality is in the eye of the beholder - what are your criticisms, please?

2. Opinions are just that. Somebody can recommend anything whole heartedly, and you can completely disagree, for instance I like my Heljan Western.

Hi Phil, thanks for the reply.

My main criticism would be the lack of flush glazing and "plasticy" look of the models, however this could just be due to a bad photograph. Was wanting to know what people thought to them who had bought one as they may look better in the flesh so to speak.

1. Quality is in the eye of the beholder - what are your criticisms, please?

2. Opinions are just that. Somebody can recommend anything whole heartedly, and you can completely disagree, for instance I like my Heljan Western.

If I was basing a buying decision on the photos shown on the website, I would have had the same questions. There is nothing out of line in suggesting that the photos on the website do not inspire confidence in the quality of the finish of the items, and so asking if anyone had seen them 'in the flesh'.

I certainly was put off by what looks like a mould seam that wasn't cleaned up (above the cab of the DBSO).

Adrian

Archived