Retford B(NN)RS show

xm607

• RMweb Premium

Hi,

No mention of the Retford show? its the first outing of the clubs new O Gauge layout Idleford Town.

S.

Yes, it's a pity the show wasn't mentioned on here (AFAIK). Idleford is a GREAT 7mm layout; beautifully modelled station and area; clever 'fiddle' system too. Oh those chunky loco's and a lovely set of weathered Gresleys.

There were some neat little 4mm layouts and a very nice 2mm 50s steam era set up that was for sale! Pity I don't really like 2mm (sorry).

All this for £3.00!:O

I'm going to volunteer to do a demo stand next year (unless it clashes with Warley again and then I may not be available).

36E

I paid a short visit with my son this afternoon - seemed a good selection of layouts, not too crowded and operators very friendly. Idleford really did look the part, instantly recognisable as Great Central and running well despite it being a first outing. There was some good N gauge stuff too. Definitely good value for money and the historic town hall was interesting too!

I was operating it on 'South Springfield'! - very good loco for switching! It is one of the best locos in our small fleet for 'South Springfield', and didn't put a foot wrong throughout the weekend.

Retford is usually a decent show, this year was no exception - hope to be there again next year with yet another layout!

Archived