Lenz update is late

Speaking to one of the guys on the A&H stand at Warley, I discovered that the new Lenz LZV200 and the LH100 update are delayed to sometime next year.

Lenz are keeping very quiet about it, but it seems to be down to supply problems for new microprocessors. The SmartPhone boom is hogging all production capacity.

This could be the reason why the new Zimo system is also late in arriving (due 2 months ago).

Talking about A&H; I see they are now stocking Uhlenbrock DCC equipment and had an equal sized display of these products to the Lenz stuff on the other side of their Warley stand.

Talking about A&H; I see they are now stocking Uhlenbrock DCC equipment and had an equal sized display of these products to the Lenz stuff on the other side of their Warley stand.

I also noticed this, and it should be a big improvement in Uhlenbrock availability in the UK compared to previous arrangements.

Uhlenbrock kit talks LocoNet, so is compatible with Digitrax kit - I regularly run a mixed Uhlenbrock/Digitrax setup; my Warley demo had a mixture.

Assuming I didn't mis-hear the A&H people, the top-end Uhlenbrock Intellibox-II is £450, and is a very powerful system. I'd put is as a competitor to an ESU ECoS. Like lots of top-end German kit, the problem is manuals - if you don't read German you can wait a while for English documentation.

- Nigel

• 2 years later...

Whilst the US Lenz site has some information on the alleged V 4.0 update nothing much else seems to be appearing on the internet. Asked DCC Supplies at Warley if they knew anything and they were of the opinion that it would now be early 2013 and they would be seeing them then so hoped for an update. On the other hand asked the same question of A&H Models and they were quite categoric that no development work was taking place at Lenz. Wasn't much impressed with their attitude on the matter as a main dealer, perhaps they are more into Uhlenbrock now.

Archived