NSE white

Marcyg

I'm currently building a OO gauge model of a Wessex, using Hurst ends (anyone had experience of these? the fit is terrible!). Looking at cans of Railmatch paint (I don't have an air brush) they seem really expensive for the size. Car paint for 500ml is the same price as 150ml for the Railmatch product. Does anyone know of a colour that is a good match for the white of main body of these units? I have a feeling 1 can of Railmatch won't do 5 MK3s, but 1 can of Halfords own will. Any help would be much appreciated!

I don't model this era now but years ago I used the NSE coach transfer pack from Fox transfers

You just put them over the NSE blue. Very neat job all round, unless you are a wizard with the lining pen of course. I don't think you will ever clean lines with masking.

Jack

Evening - If were talking about NSE livery on a class 442 , then the main body color was not pure white as people think, but a very light shade of grey - Known as Silver Grey -

the other 'white' bits ie between the lining however are white - on alot of photos the contrast between the two doesnt always show up that well - so its sometimes ssumed the units were mainly white. If you can find a Halfords aerosol that matches your colors , they do work out very good value for money and should do 5 cars easily.

A fine choice of unit to model - B) although , as you say , the Hurst cabs take some work.

tfn

Jon

Archived